Friday, February 17, 2012

"Valentine's Day...Is Here..."

Yes, the time of year when flower growers and chocolate makers start working overtime to make sure that all guys don't find themselves in the doghouse because they didn't do enough or spend enough to buy their significant other's affections. Naw, just kidding. We shouldn't do it because we feel we have to. We should do it because it's a chance to show them what they mean to us. So, after my usual Tuesday morning workout at the Y (I'm such a creature of habit ha ha), I stopped by Kroger's and picked up some roses, a card, and a $15 Starbucks card for Cari! I managed to sneak them onto the kitchen table and she didn't even notice them until about 2pm since she was working at home. Yeah, I can swing things like that when I wanna. So, when I got home, everyone else got their present too:

Valentine's Day 2012
Duct tape! I managed to find gold duct tape at Joann's during lunch and Emmy just loved it. Both her and Young Zachary got duct tape and some kind of heart-shaped rainbow thing that looks pretty cool when it spins around. Then, they gave me my present:

Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2012
An Angry Bird!! The red one in fact. It even makes the sounds when you push the top of its head. I haven't played with it yet...but I will!

Hey, here's a funny picture of Valentine's Day 2006:

Valentine's Day 2006 03
Does anyone look like they were ready for a picture to be taken? Emmy got some books! Not sure what the rest of us got. All I know is Zach cried the whole night. The whole...night. I guess he didn't feel very good but it was hard to enjoy dinner ha ha. The other night I stopped by and got everyone a Starbucks drink. Well, Zach has the bright idea to microwave his to heat it up. As he was taking it out, he picked it up by the lid and of course the cup dropped out of it and spilled everywhere. He really took it hard too. Cried and screamed for about an hour. I managed to calm him down though. I usually can. Just have to take their mind off of it and fixate it on something better. I told him we might be able to go to the park Sunday and this time I'm gonna make sure we do. Super Bowl Sunday I was going to but I couldn't get the laundry done in time. Well, last night I started it early so it can be done by tomorrow night. I'm proud of doing the laundry. Takes the burden off Cari and I really don't mind doing it, just as long as there's something good on TV. Man, I found my new favourite show on MLB network. Called "Baseball IQ" and the object is to name as many answers under a given topic. All 30 MLB teams have a representative that plays for a charity so something good is being done. Really taxes my knowledge of what I learned collecting baseball cards all those many years ago. Zach and I are trying to get back into collecting them. Sure, I know who all the players are now, but it might take a while for Zach to learn them. That's cool. Rangers start the 2012 season pretty soon, and of course we will watch early, and watch often. We have to win it all this year. Just have to.

No comments: