Friday, February 24, 2012

"You Want Cookies? Too Bad!"

Yes, that venom-laden title is correct. As of last Sunday, we did the last table-top for selling Girl Scout cookies. And man, not a moment too soon! It's very tiring work having to set up cookies and replenish the table and then pack everything up. Just knowing this was the last day made it a lot of fun. So as we were selling, young Zachary was running around a lot and was bored so Cari suggested that I take him to a nearby park. Well, the only one around was Leonard park. So, using the wonderful map app on my iPhone, we found it. It was pretty cool, right in the middle of the neighborhood. So, being the photographer that I am, I took my camera and captured Zach in his "natural habitat":

Zach At Leonard Park 2-19-2011
Zach: "Wow Dad, this rock climbing sure is fun. How high do you think I am?"
Me: "Well, judging by the position of the sun, about...27 feet."
Zach: "What!? What happens if I fall down!?"
Me: "Oh, I'm sure someone will catch you."
Zach: "Not instilling me with a whole lot of confidence here!!"

Zach At Leonard Park 2-19-2011
Here Zach is with my keys playing the xylophone on the jungle gym. No better use for car keys, right?

Zach At Leonard Park 2-19-2011
Man, no better picture than this one, right?

Zach At Leonard Park 2-19-2011
Well, maybe this picture is the best one. Believe it or not, it took six tries to get this shot. I kept cutting off one of our heads every time it seems.

Saturday we're going to Grapevine Mills mall to see their new aquarium they built last year! We would have gone sooner but it's like $75 for us to go. The Girl Scouts had a discount ticket promotion so I scooped em up. Can't wait. They have this thing called a "shark walk". Apparently you go down a glass hall and they swim all around you. Might be cool. We're doing that after Zach and Emmy finish their soccer practices! And yes, Cari is going to coach both of them. I wonder if she knows what she's getting into. I'm sure she does. She always knows what's going on.

Man, did you hear about this?

Comic Book Auction 2-24-2011
Only in my wildest dreams would this ever happen to me...apparently this guy was cleaning out his dad's house after he died and found millions of dollars of old comic books!! My collection would never be worth a fraction of that I'm betting but this is truly a collector's dream. The whole collection sold for $3.5 million. Man...just leaves me speechless. Zach really wants to collect them but the ones he wants are really over his head as far as dialogue goes. Heck, they're almost over my head! I bought him one last year form the Justice League line and really tried to simplify it for him but it was impossible. Maybe in a year or so we can try it again. So glad I have a guy in our house that's into that kind of thing. Any dad who has all daughters might be a little envious of me. Nothing wrong with that.

No comments: