Friday, February 03, 2012

"Talent? Where?"

Why, in the cul-de-sac of course!! Zach and Emmy organized this talent show and some of the neighborhood kids participated. Emmy got out her cello (of course) and Zach did what he does best...rode his scooter up and down and all around. I managed to videotape the whole thing and even snapped a few pix:

Glen Knoll Talent Show 1-28-2012
Emily:
Don't need nothin'...but a good time...how can I resist...
Don't need nothin'...but a good time...and it don't get better than this...

Me: "You know, you really haven't lived until you've heard Poison played on a cello."

Glen Knoll Talent Show 1-28-2012
Poetry in motion!! I guess the act was them riding them in unison. Looks like they got it all figured out.

Turns out the kids that won the whole thing were voted on by the judge...who was their brother. The fix is in!!

Looking forward to this weekend. Gonna sell cookies Saturday from 3-6 then...if Zach and Emmy have been good...we'll go to Chuck E Cheese! Not my favourite place, but it's really cool that they are old enough to go and play games by themselves and Cari and I can just relax a little. Then Sunday...is...Super Bowl Sunday! A rematch of Numero 42 between the Pats and Giants. Who wins this one? I think it comes down to who wins the penalty battle. Less penalties should give you the win. I gotta go Pats this time. Why? Cuz I went Pats last time and lost! Once burned...not this time. We're going to a friend's house who supposedly have this huge TV. Gonna make some snacks and play squares. Hopefully I'll win some cash!

Sunday I'm supposed to take Zach to a birthday party for his friend James in his class, but I just got some disturbing news from Cari. Apparently Zach took $20 out of some money that did not belong to him and took it to school to buy concessions. Argh! Why does he do that? Furthermore, why does he think no one will ever find out? Anyways...he's in some big trouble when I get home tonight. I bet the guy who said kids were a blessing never had any. He's going to pay for this one, Zach is. Big time.

I've been organizing our pictures on Flickr lately and it always takes me down Memory Lane a little. Take this picture for instance:

Mary Hooper Park
This was during one of our Saturday morning trips. Emily was about 3 1/2. Such a fun day. This was the day we discovered that ducks will eat breakfast cereal when adults won't because it tastes terrible.

Fort Worth River Legacy Science Center
This was another really fun day. I should have been out shopping for a birthday present for Cari but instead we went here, to the River Legacy Science Center. I had never been here before, so when we got here we were kind of awkwardly walking around. We found a path, and this half-finished house.

Disneyworld 2006 49
This was during our trip to Disneyworld back in 2006, if you couldn't guess from the Donald Duck and company display in the background. That had to be one of the best weeks since I hadn't had a vacation in like four years. We need to go back again now that Zach is old enough to ride some of the rides. Tall enough? Ehh...we'll see.

I haven't showcased any YouTube clips on here lately, mostly because our work computer now won't let anyone watch it. Geez, what's next? Shock collars to keep us awake?

By this time tomorrow I will have been here at Healthmarkets for four years!! This was a very important anniversary for me to reach, mainly because the record for time at a job was four years with Pizza Hut. Geez, what was I thinking working there for that long? I guess it was nice just to have a job that I could make more than $175 a week. Yeah, that is what I made when I was a temp back in the mid-90's. Geez, what was I thinking working for them!? I'm really proud of myself for realizing that what I was doing wasn't working. The way I was going through life wasn't working. I owe a lot of what I have to some people, sure, but who doesn't? When I'm called upon to help out I'll be there first in line. Maybe that's why we're really here. You can accomplish so much more when you push up then when you just stand there.

No comments: