Friday, March 30, 2012

"Bluebonnets...Are Here!"

Yes, there are finally lots and lots of our state flower around Arlington! I was feeling a little photograph-y (yes that's a word) so I took my cool camera and snapped some of the neater things I happened to see:

Bluebonnets 3-23-12

Bluebonnets 3-23-12

Bluebonnets 3-23-12
I wanted to do more shots but the patch wasn't very big so the options were limited. I think the 3rd shot is my favourite. Just right up close.

In the morning there are always a lot of birds in the trees but we hardly ever see them. I managed to get a couple of shots though:

Birds In The Trees

Birds In The Trees
Yes, the same bird appears twice. Not sure what kind it is. But the tree was pretty high up so I'm kind of proud of those shots.

We had a garage sale last Saturday. Actually, I did. Cari and Emmy had to go to a soccer game so that left Zach and me to man the tables. We actually had some pretty decent stuff out there but it was mostly cheapskates who only had a dollar to their name. You know who I'm talking about. Those people. We made about $50 and Mission Arlington took some stuff too. Still need to call the city to pick up the rest as a trash pick up. I have a habit of putting that stuff off.

Cari went to Louisville Kentucky this week! Her work sent her there to do some training. She managed to take some cool shots of the town:

Cari's Trip To Louisville, Kentucky 3-28-2012
The Colonel!! I would imagine if Kentucky is known for anything, it's this guy. Cari let me know the chicken in the bucket was NOT real. I really wanted some chicken too.

Cari's Trip To Louisville, Kentucky 3-28-2012
The Kentucky Derby! I guess another thing they're famous for. Never had an interest in horseracing. Takes too long and I never win any cash.

Sunday we're going to the American Airlines Center to see the Disney On Ice show! Now that they have some cooler characters i.e. Buzz Lightyear and Lightning McQueen, maybe this will hold my interest. Not that sitting in a suite and going to Spaghetti Warehouse afterwards won't be enough for me. That's all it takes sometimes. Plus all my family will be there which doesn't happen too often. Last time we did that was for Zach's birthday. Plus the Rangers open their season next Friday against the White Sox and we get to wear Rangers shirts that day! Looking forward to next week. Not sure if I should spend my time reminiscing about the past or looking forward to the future. Hey, why not do both.

No comments: