Friday, March 23, 2012

"Let's Dance!"

Yes, the time of year has come around again for Emily and I to join the 73 or so other dads and daughters and go to the JB Little-sponsored daddy-daughter dance! We've gone every year since 2009 and we always have a really good time, and this one may have been the best ever! We both got a new shirt / outfit even. Here is Emmy:

Jb Little Daddy Daughter Dance 3-23-12
So grown up...where does the time go... and here is me:

Me trying on a shirt
I wonder why I had that particular look on my face...but I do like the shirt. Got a deal on it too. I had to apply for a JCPenney credit card but I got 2 shirts for $30. Good day for me.

We made sure to have our picture taken by a professional photographer. And by professional, I mean a teacher with a camera. That should be in in a couple of weeks. We had some Papa John's pizza and some cookies and lemonade and we even managed to dance a few times! We did the chicken dance twice and managed to dance to "If I Fell" by the Beatles! It was a great song to slow dance to and we just kind of twirled around. She spent most of the night running around with her friend Ryan but we did manage to meet up for the last dance. It was that Eric Clapton song that I don't know the name of but they played it at the end of that "Friends" episode where Monica and Chandler got engaged and they slow-danced to. Was a really nice way to end the whole thing. Afterwards we went to Braum's and Emmy sat with some friends while she had her strawberry shortcake sundae. I wasn't alone though. Another dad sat with me...and proceeded to tell me the entire proceedings of his everyday life two and three times and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise or semeed remotely interested if I said anything at all. Why do people like that even exist anyways? Here are a couple of pics someone took of us with my phone:

Jb Little Daddy Daughter Dance 3-23-12

Jb Little Daddy Daughter Dance 3-23-12
I like the second one a bit better. Button shirts just do not fit me right. They used to...and now that I lost some weight and worked out quite a bit they just look funny on me. I'll wear these two though. Tomorrow we're having a garage sale. We got everything organized tonight and hopefully we'll sell some of it and give the rest to Mission Arlington. Make some room already. I want my garage back!

No comments: