Friday, March 09, 2012

"One Busy Weekend!"

A three day weekend actually!! I took Friday off because there was something big going on...Zach's Kindergarten Rodeo! He really wanted me to come to it, and I hadn't had a day off since Christmas, so I took it off. I actually made FOUR trips to their school that day. Once to drop them off, then a second to have lunch with Zach:

Having Lunch With Zach 3-3-2012
Now I know what you're thinking. How can he eat lunch with that bandana over his mouth? Well, he managed to pull it down to make way for that cheeseburger. He always does. That's my boy!

After that I went home and did an actual home repair job! My first I think. I accidentally pulled a bracket for the shelf in the shower out of the wall, so fixing it didn't have that much satisfaction for me, but I was very proud of fixing it back in. Squirted a little adhesive caulk, put it back in, and taped it down with duct tape until it was dry. It's still up there a week later, so...

After that I went and had lunch with Emmy:

Having Lunch With Emily 3-3-2012
I asked her for a nice picture and I get french fry mouth. Ah well...was nice to eat with her. Me and her don't get too may times together just the two of us.

Then I came back around 1:15 not only for the rodeo but also to volunteer! I was in charge of playing "Home On The Range" and passing out guitars and making marshmallows with pretzel sticks in them for the kids to roast over the "fire", which was a pile of wood with flashlights and tissue paper. Some of them knew the difference...others...not so much. A few pix:

Zach's Kindergarten Rodeo 3-3-2012
No rodeo is complete without starting out with a rancher's meal of hot dogs and chips...and Capri Suns...just like real cowboys drink.

Zach's Kindergarten Rodeo 3-3-2012
Apparently "Moneybags" was wanted for boot scootin'...was not aware that was a crime.

Zach's Kindergarten Rodeo 3-3-2012
Lady: "Okay Zach, run through this hoop as fast as you can!"
Zach: "Um...doesn't that seem dangerous?"
Lady: "Not yet. I haven't set the hoop on fire yet."
Zach: "WHAT!?"

Zach's Kindergarten Rodeo 3-3-2012
This shot I just love. I wonder what he's thinking about...probably cookies.

Then...Saturday...soccer season began!! We have Emmy's game at 9AM and Zach's game at 5PM! What nut at the YMCA made this schedule? Someone evil I bet. Emmy lost her first game 1-0 but it wasn't because of Emmy. She played goalie the first half and stopped seven out of seven shots! Dominating!! A few pix:

Emily's First Shooting Stars Game 3-4-2012
What a great action shot! Emmy was literally punting the ball downfield so far that the other team was getting real tired of running all the way back to their side of the field.

Emily's First Shooting Stars Game 3-4-2012
Possibly the best action shot I've ever taken. Very proud of this one.

Then that night we went to Zach's game. Not as organized a team as Emmy's was, but that's due to the fact that all the players are 5 or 6. A few pix:

Zach's First Hot Shots Soccer Game 3-4-2012
Hey, lookin' good! He always looks so much taller in pictures but in person...well...different story.

Zach's First Hot Shots Soccer Game 3-4-2012
Everyone else: "Eeew, what's that smell?"
Zach: "You better stay away from me guys...I had chalupas for lunch and they ain't sittin' well!"

Very tired after all that...but it sure was a lot of fun.

Last night we went to Zach and Emmy's open house at school. Emmy drew this:

Emily's Kindergarten Open House 3-8-2012
She's so artistic. At least she drew me with more hair.

Zach drew this:

Zach's Kindergarten Open House 3-8-2012
A cowboy till the end eh?

This weekend we have more soccer games but not a lot else. We have tickets to go see "Journey 2" at studio Movie Grill. Since we never saw the first one, we're wondering if we'd be lost the whole time. And no, it's not a movie about the comeback of Journey. But I sure do like their songs. Steve Perry really knew how to make a song all his own.

No comments: