Friday, March 16, 2012

"One Great Week!"

But why Mike, why was it so great? Well, calm down and I'll tell you. Spring break was this week, so Zach and Emmy were off all week. They spent the night twice and Cari worked from home the other three days, so we didn't have to find anyone to watch them. Plus, I got to work out twice. Not the 45 minute workouts I usually do during the week, but good 60-70 minute workouts. I started using the Stairmaster a few weeks ago, and man does that beat you up. You certainly feel like you worked out after 30 minutes or so though, so hopefully it will help. But the three of them got to do some fun things, even if I couldn't be there since I have to be at work until 7 every night. So sick of this schedule. Really sick of it. It feels like I'm missing out on a lot. It's probably in my head, but still...

Sunday I went over to Grandma's house to pick up some Girl Scout cookies. When I got home, I noticed something blue and bonnet-shaped on the highway.

It was bluebonnets. Did you really need that explained?

Not a lot of them yet, but they'll really get blooming in the next month. I remember a house around the corner from us that had a small but impressive patch of them. So, I took my camera and Emmy and me walked over there. Well, there were only a couple:

Bluebonnets 2012

Bluebonnets 2012
I mean literally a couple. Ah well. They were still regal. But to the right, we noticed some purple irises:

Purple Irises

Purple Irises
Now these were gigantic! They still had some rain water on them too which you can see if you look closely enough. My irises havsn't bloomed yet. Seems like they only bloom every three years. The last time was in 2010, so...who knows. I'm thinking of moving them to another spot with more soil and more sunlight. Good thing about Texas is there's always plenty of sunlight.

Next month we're planning an overnight trip to Shreveport! Some friends are getting two rooms for like $40.00. Didn't start thinking about it until this morning. Maybe I'll even win some money. Seems like I'll win somewhere right away and then keep going until it's all gone. Ah well. Not whether you win or lose, but...well, actually it IS whether you win or lose. That's not what I tell Zach or Emily though. I just want them to have fun and enjoy whatever game they play. Last night we played a game called Hedbandz. It always starts out fine. We all wear a card on our head and we have to ask questions to each other to guess what it is. Well, after about 15 minutes, Zach and Emmy get so riled up that it always turns into a wrestling match. Someone usually gets squashed (usually me lol) and we all get so loud that Cari has to try to quiet us down. But it's a fun game. We never seem to have enough time to have a game night what with soccer practices and games and such. So when we can I always enjoy it. Some of my favourite times as a kid were playing games with my family. I know there was Monopoly and Sorry. Maybe even Trouble. Really wish I remembered them more. That's the reason I keep this site. So that they will be able to go through it and see what they did and where they got to go as kids. I think if it's important to me, it will be important to them.

No comments: