Friday, June 01, 2012

"Another Year Already??"

Some things just kind of sneak up on you sometimes. Just like moths and cat burglars, the last day of school just shows up out of nowhere. It really does seem like yesterday we were taking Zach and Emmy to their first day of kindergarten and 5th grade, and now...well, the year has ended. But the summer is just beginning. Hopefully we can do some really cool things during our vacation. But first...the last day:

Emily's 5th Grade Graduation 5-31-2012
Emmy: "This certificate entitles the bearer to one free session at Golden Tan. Golden Tan...where we believe everyone has the right to be tan, not just adults." Um...what the heck is this? I don't want a free tan!"

Okay, it wasn't a certificate for a free tan. But it WAS for excelling in her strings class! She's gotten really good at her cello. Hopefully she will stay with it and only get better and better. Here is a better shot of Emmy with her award:

Emily's 5th Grade Graduation 5-31-2012
Emily's 5th Grade Graduation 5-31-2012

Now onto Zach...

He actually won some pretty cool awards. But I HAVE to start with this one first:

Zach's Kindergarten Graduation 5-31-2012
Everyone in his class got a personalized ribbon that suited their personality. So when the teacher started describing the recipient of the "funny friend" award, everyone started looking right at my boy. What's weird is that Emmy seems to always want to be the funny one and Zach is a little more reserved. But what do I know, right?

Zach's Kindergarten Graduation 5-31-2012
Ms Beaty: "Zach, do you know what this is?"
Zach: "It better be my diploma and not one of those stupid free tanning certificates like my sister got..."
Ms. Beaty: "Um...no...of course not...what have ya got against a free tan, anyways?"
Zach: "What, did ya'll buy stock in some tanning company or something?"
Ms Beaty: "Maybe..."

Zach's Kindergarten Graduation 5-31-2012
Zach managed to read a few books here and there last year. Some kid claimed to have read 630 books. I think there's some major lying going on there. Assuming there are about 200 school days, she would have to have read 3 books a day. Possible? yeah, if you never did anything else ever. Sour grapes? Just a few...but the math award is pretty cool. He had to answer all 40 addition and all 40 subtraction questions right in order to get that, so I think it's safe to assume he's got a pretty big brain on his shoulders.

Zach is also playing indoor soccer for some friends of ours! The lighting is terrible so it was hard to get some good action shots of him without all the blur:
Zach's Soccer Game 5-31-2012
See? Ah well. Maybe I should have videoed it instead.

Emmy is also getting really good at softball! Each game she does something to amaze people. She can really turn on a ball when she gets a chance. Unfortunately, this picture was not one of those times:
Emily's Softball Game 5-31-2012
One good thing about being off during the week is I can see some of these games that start before 7:00 at night. I remember during batting practice Emmy hit one that was just crushed down the third base line. Her coach exclaimed, "Now THAT was a hit!" I would have to agree.

Zach's T-ball season is officially over! I think he may have one more season then he will get to see live pitch. Believe me, he's ready. He can hit pretty much everything I lob up to him. Here he is getting his trophy:
Zach Getting His T-Ball Trophy 5-30-2012
Someone likes the spotlight ha ha.

We had our annual Campbell trip Sunday. My cousin Sarah was so excited to go and then she goes and gets sick the night before. Bad timing eh? We still had a pretty good time. I think I took a picture of this last year but I went and did it again...

Campbell TX Service 5-27-2012
Still feels a little empty without him around sometimes...but hopefully he's walking among us and finding new stories to tell. I always hear jokes about people that go to Heaven and hilarity ensuing. Here's a couple I can remember:

A pastor and a new York City taxi driver both go to Heaven at the same time. St. Peter is taking them to their respective housing. The taxi driver goes into his gigantic house and the pastor is feeling pretty good about where he's going to live. Well, St. Peter takes him to a small ordinary house. The pastor asks "Hey, how come I get the lousy house and that cab driver gets a mansion!?" Peter responds, "Well, when people went to your sermons, they slept, but when they rode in his cab, they prayed!"

Another one was a comic strip where this guy was in line at rhe pearly gates and he happened to be right behind Mother Teresa. St. Peter is looking at her life's work and tells her "You know...you could have done more..." and the guy is freaking out because he didn't do one tenth of the charitable work that Mother Teresa did. I wonder if I'm going to be penalized for all of the charitable work that I didn't do. I mean I try. I try to not hurt anyone. But is that enough? Iguess I'll find out one of these days.

No comments: