Friday, June 29, 2012

"Rangers...Lose?"

Yes, even the mighty Rangers have to lose a game every now and then, and even though they lost this game 11-7 to the Rockies, we still had a pretty good time. My camera doesn't take as good pictures when you zoom all the way, but I managed to get a few here and there:

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 6-25-2012
And, Mike Napoli swings and...well, he missed this one. Turns out when you swing and miss too many times, you have to go sit back down on the bench.

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 6-25-2012
Justin Grimm...I don't know about him. Granted, it was only his second major league start, and he managed to win when he pitched against Houston, but the Rockies managed to light him up like the 4th of July. Maybe he'll come around one of these days.

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 6-25-2012
One heck of an outfield! The envy of baseball. Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, and a young Leonys Martin, who if he keeps hitting the way he is, he'll be a fine replacement when Josh bolts for more money come the off-season. I hate to be a negative Nelly, but he just doesn't seem like he wants to be here.

Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers 6-25-2012
Hey, that's a pretty good shot of Emmy and me! I wonder what that old lady in the background was thinking. Maybe..."Hey, I'm available for photography tips if anyone needs them..." Look lady, if you were such a 'photog', you'd have brought your own camera.

Hey, July 4th is next week! One of my favourite holidays. What's better than cooking out, fireworks, and no work the next day? Here's a shot of Emmy from six years ago:

July 4 2006 04
Gaw, when did she become a young woman? I guess that's what she is now. Even though she can have a smart mouth from time to time, deep down she's a pretty good kid. I'm seeing her sense of humour start to develop and, like me, insisting the funny one on the room. She started saying, "As William Shakespeare used to say..." then she adds one-word answers like "Yes" or "No", as if she was about to quote something bard-like only to disappoint you ha ha. Maybe with some molding from moldy ol' me, she will be the funniest kid around. Who is the funniest kid today? Maybe the kid from Two and a Half Men. He cracks me up sometime. His complete apathy towards anything ambitious sure does remind me of me back in the day. Of course, when you have no idea what you want to do with your life, every day if a kind of drag. Good thing Emmy knows two things. One, to get a job indoors with weekends off and paid sick days and vacation days, and two, that she isn't going to live with us forever. I try to turn that around to make it think it is her idea to live on her own. Stealing from Inception? You betcha.

No comments: