Friday, June 15, 2012

"Swim Time!!"

Yes, summer is now upon us...early I might add. But isn't summer always early in the South? I mean, Heaven forbid it stay cool or even cold a little later than usual. I'm sure the sun helps some kind of industry out. But for me and mine, it's hotter before it's colder. But Zach and Emmy are going to enjoy Saturday mornings for a little while as they both wanted to do swim lessons at the YMCA! So far they're learning different things. Zach is learning to not splash so much and to swim farther before having to touch the ground. Emmy's been a great swimmer ever since we took her to Emler back in 2004, but she wanted to learn different strokes, which is cool. A few pix:

Emily's Swim Lesson 6-9-2012
Emily: "Hey Dad, these glasses stink! I can't see anything!"
Me: "Really? I thought colouring them with a black Marks-A-Lot would keep the sun out..."
Emily: "Yeah, it's keeping the sun out...but now I don't know where I am!"
Me: "Calm down...you're still in Arlington with your family."
Emily: "Whew...that's a relief. I thought I was in the ocean!"

Zach's Swim Lesson 6-9-2012
Zach's just a floating head sometimes. This shot I really like because one, it's very clear, not fuzzy at all, and two, it shows the determination in his face to learn new things. Now he's been swimming for a while too, but this year is going to be a major step in hopefully swimming in the deep end. I want to be able to throw him around before he gets too big.

We got a serious case of peaches this year! This tree, this strange, unaccounted for tree, started growing peaches by the dozen about a month ago, and now some of them are ready to pick. Well, what about the ones that weren't ready to pick? Oh, there's an answer for that too...:

A squirrel eating my peaches!
A squirrel eating my peaches!
Squirrels! Apparently they love peaches...or anything edible within a mile radius. We've picked about 20 or so and I think I've eaten half of them. They're pretty good! I want to cut some up and have them with some vanilla ice cream. Soon...soon.

We took Emmy to see "Hunger Games" Saturday. Quite a bloodbath of a movie! But the story was really good and the actors were very convincing. Will have to get Emmy the book so she can read it. So happy she's into reading books. I wasn't. Why read when there's a TV just mere inches away? Probably explains my lack of attention to detail or directions. Ah well. Afterwards we went to a place called "It'Sugar". It's kind of a play on "It's Sugar". Clever yes? I took a few pics of some of the funnier products they have:

It'Sugar 6-9-2012
Cigarettes like Dad used to smoke...what a great product for our youth.

It'Sugar 6-9-2012
Pac-Man energy drink? I wonder if you drink it then you'll stay awake for the next three days then sleep for the next seven.

It'Sugar 6-9-2012
You would think this picture would make me not want a Rice Krispy Square, but all it does is make me want one more. Is it worth $23? Maybe...

So far this summer has been really fun. We have a vacation coming up next month and so far the centerpiece of it all is going to be a three day trip down to Seaworld! I haven't been in over 20 years, but apparently they have a water park now called Aquatica, plus all kinds of programs that start before the park even opens. Are we going to be able to do any of that? Heck no. But only because it costs a fortune to do any of that. But it's all good because the deal we got allows us to go to the park any time we want for the rest of the year. We'll try to make it down there a few more times. Nothing better than Seaworld during the summer, right?

No comments: