Friday, June 22, 2012

"Happy Father's Day..."

...to me! Sure, I didn't get a present that I can actually hold and cherish, but I did manage to get a couple of nice cards from Cari and the kids. We had an eventful Sunday too!:

Father's Day @ Steak n Shake 6-17-2012
Steak and Shake! We went there for breakfast after church and had a pretty good meal. Zach decided he wanted a picture of me and him together so Cari took one. I think it's pretty good.

Afterwards we made the drive down to Camp Stevens to take Emmy to one of her two weeks at camp! It's...really rustic. No A/C, no soda machines, no nothing. But somehow they always manage to have fun. We also managed to stop at Babe's chicken as well to get her one last home-cooked meal. They have these funny chairs outside so I asked Zach and Emmy to pose for a nice picture together:

Father's Day @ Babe's Chicken 6-17-2012
I got this. Ah well. It's somewhat amusing just wondering what they were thinking, right?

Going to the Ranger game tomorrow night!! Also going next weekend too! Got some good deals on some tickets but weren't able to find any available seats to use them until now! I guess that's what you get when you have the two-time American League pennant-winning Rangers in your own backyard! I grew up with a lot of mediocrity form this team in the 70's and 80's. Sure, the last 90's were fun when we went to the playoffs but we were stopped cold by those despised Yankees. But we would not be denied in this decade. Speaking of being denied, I saw this in a Sports Illustrated yesterday:

Is CJ Wilson Over-rated?
Too funny. But also too perfect. I hope he has fun watching the play-offs from his house.

No comments: