Friday, September 28, 2012

"Long Live Buffy..."

Yes, the cat that could never get enough attention ever, has passed on at the ripe old age of 14 1/2. She went through a lot it seems. Her tail got run over by a car and it had to be removed, so Buffy would walk around like a bunny rabbit. But it was still a bit of a shock to all of us to not see her around anymore. Here are a few pix I managed to take of her over the years:

Shes watchin you!

This was taken in 2005...I just noticed the green color differential in her eyes...pretty neat.

Buffy

Fast forward to this year...she was one of the few cats who could do this ha ha. Should have gotten her on Letterman as a stupid pet trick.

So now Buffy has gone on to that great big ball of yarn in the sky, but fear not! The Garcia's have went ahead and found a new cat...and his name is Joey:

Joey the cat

This cat has energy off the roof. Not like Buffy, who found that even walking from one spot to take a nap to another spot to take a nap involved a lot of manual labour.

Joey the cat

The flash from the camera really lit up his eyes. I hope I didn't do any permament vision damage. I doubt it. Aren't cats supposed to see better in the dark anyways?

Joey the cat

Yes, I admit, I'm more partial to cats than dogs. Wouldn't you be? Cats don't give a flip if you're around or not...they just go by their own drummer. Dogs, on the other hand...can't believe their good luck that anyone wants to spend any time with them...ever. Not a dog fan. All they do is smell. Bad.

So now that we have a new member of the family, things are returning back to normal. What is normal? Who knows really. The kids want a cat but we have literally nowhere to put a litter box and Cari doesn't want it going outside. But wouldn't all animals be more comfortable in their own surroundings? I think you could put any animal in a hous elong enough and it was get complacent after a while. Imagine a lion that jumped in your lap and demanded to be pet? Not easy to do. This is what I think about on a daily basis. I probably need something to keep me busy. But what?

No comments: