Friday, September 21, 2012

"More Soccer...?"

But of course!!

When you live in our family, the weekends usually revolve around someone's soccer games! Somehow, Zach and Emmy's games haven't been scheduled at the same time yet, so we've been able to see all of them. Zach is 0-2 to start out right now but they're improving. A few pix:

Zach 2012 Soccer

Here he was getting his group picture taken. He is usually horsing around with the other kids, but in this shot he almost looks a little sad...who knows what he was thinking...

Zach 2012 Soccer

Zach: "Hey, you in the orange shirt! How am I supposed to kick the ball if you're always there also kicking it?"
Orange shirt: "Are you talking to me?"
Zach: "Yeah! Go sit in the bench so I can kick it more!"
Orange shirt: "Well, my coach will get real mad at me...but okay!"

Emmy's team, the "Eclipse", is also 0-2 but they look real good lately:

Emily 2012 Soccer

Emily: "Oh man, I shouldn't have eaten that Mexican food right before the game...darn you Pancho's!!"

She's been playing soccer for around...five years now! Let's see if I can find one of her earlier soccer pictures:

Emily Soccer 2007 36

Wow...what a difference five years makes. Emmy is really good at soccer but lately her interest has moved to softball, so this will probably be her last soccer season. I know deep down she had more fun than she will ever let on. I played a grand total of one soccer season, and all I remember is the coach screaming at me until he was red in the face. I should get that picture out and scan it sometime. Maybe I will one of these days. Anyways...I knew right then and there that playing soccer was not in the cards for me. But it's fun to kick the ball around with Zach and Emmy during practices. Maybe they will take better memories with them as they grow up. Isn't that what life is all about anyways?

No comments: