Friday, September 14, 2012

"What A Fun Weekend!"

But Mike, what on Earth was so much fun??

Well, calm down and I'll tell you...

Thanks to the magic of sick days, I took a long four day weekend and managed to have a little fun here and there. I always save some sick days for Cari's birthday because I like to go up to her office with some flowers and a card and try to surprise her. Well, this week she decided to work at home Thursday and Friday, so that took the surprise away. Well, I went and got her a card and some flowers anyway and managed to sneak them into the kitchen and fix them up real nice:

Cari's Birthday Flowers! 9-15-2012

Pink! Kroger's didn't have any red ones but these looked really nice. They opened up nicely. I got her a card and usually I try to make it as funny as I can, but this time I really let her know how much she means to me. I used up the whole blank space!

I managed to also make my way up to the school and had lunch with Zach and Emmy:

Lunch With Zach 9-14-2012

McDonald's of course. Cheeseburgr Happy Meal with a Power Rangers toy!:

Lunch With Zach 9-14-2012

Zach is so into Power Rangers right now. It kind of took me by surprise because he was never really into a lot of typical boy things, but now he's getting into them more. Here's a Power Rangers clip if you don't know who they are:



Yes, we can now get back into Youtube here at work!! The drought is over.

And, last but not least, I got Braum's for me and Emmy:

Lunch With Emily 9-14-2012

She is fascinated by really long french fries! They're pretty cool, I have to admit. Then we got a shot of us that turned out really well:

Lunch With Emily 9-14-2012

Then she went and posted it on Facebook and I was wondering who would go on there and say "Hey, you don't look sick to me!"...and they did...but twas all in fun.

Ranger Game 9-14-2012

Friday night we went to the Ranger game! Darvish pitched great and we won! World Series here we come! I even got to meet Randy Galloway in the KidsZone! He's one of my favourite writers / sports personalities.

Saturday night Zach spent the night with Mom and Emmy went to Keri's house and us, the Barkers, and the Morrows went to Choctaw!! I didn't do very well but I was up around $145 at one point but I kept going and going until it dwindled...ah well. What a rush. We didn't even leave until almost 2am, so we must have been doing something right. On the way there I alsmot hit the pylons along the HOV lane and skidded out of control but thank goodness no one hit us! We were pretty shaken but everyone was okay. Ugh, why do these things happen to me? Sunday we went to Chuy's with Cari's parents and they gave her a Kourig coffee carousel and some cups of coffee! She's been wanting one of these for a while. Now she just needs to coffeemaker itself which I am supposed to get her next weekend when there is some more money available. I really wish we lived in a world that didn't need money as much as it does. Zach seems driven to earn as much as he can and he's only six. I keep trying to instill in him to not put money before the things that really matter, like God and family. Hopefully he will get the hint someday. One thing I'm not worried about is his ability to take care of himself when he's all grown up. He's already said he wants it be president when he grows up. Who dare stop him, ya know?

No comments: