Friday, November 16, 2012

"All About Sparky!"

Who the heck is that?

Well, calm down and I'll tell you. Sparky is the Build-A-Bear turtle that all the kids in Zach's class have to take care of for a weekend. Well, no one takes care of a plush animal quite like Zach does. And by that, I mean I find all of his either behind his bed or under his bed or stuffed in hard to reach areas. Well, he took care of this one a bit better:

Zach With Sparky

Here we are at Genghis Grill after what was probably the worst day of my life. Cari and I had a bad argument that morning and I was mad about it all day. I went to the mall at lunch and when I was about to leave my car's alternator pooped out and I was stranded. No one...no one could come by and pick me up so I had to call Cari. Well, needless to say, she wasn't in any mood to help me out. But, she came and got me and we got my car to Firestone and they fixed it. Plus, thanks to the NRH police giving me a ticket for expired inspection, I managed to get that fixed too! Took three days of driving around but the oil change place across the street finally got it to pass. Ugh...long week.

Zach Asleep

Just what every kid needs: a stuffed turtle, a shotgun, and the remote control.

Zach With Sparky

I asked Zach to strike a soccer pose and he gives me Karate Kid. Oy. Sparky looks like he's having fun though.

Emmy played in her very last soccer game as well. She says she's done with soccer. She didn't have the greatest season. When it's hard to run and all these girls are just flying by you it takes its toll on the ol' ego. Probably why I only played one season of soccer. Nothing like a big fat man is short orange shorts screaming at you that you're not playing the right position ever. Which I wasn't. I had no idea what I was doing out there. Just run and kick blindly. Anyways...we had the soccer party at CiCi's, where else?:

Emily Soccer Party 11-10-2012
Emily: "Coach Amy, I can't breathe! Can you please move your hair?"
Amy: "Quiet kid, your dad's trying to get the 'perfect picture'!"
Emily: "Hurry and take the picture Dad! I only have 30 seconds of air left!"
Me: "Hold on, I just need about 35 more seconds to get this shot..."

Emily Soccer Party 11-10-2012
Aww, that's a better shot of Emmy. Not sure what the woman in the back is looking at. Maybe checking me out? Can't say I blame her ha ha.
So Emmy says she is done with soccer. But she's really good at volleyball and softball! I was good in those sports as well. Still am if you ask me. I just don't play them as much as I used to. Maybe there's a league for people like me somewhere. But at least Emmy gave it her all for over 5 years on the soccer field, and that's about all you can ask from your kid. Well, that and good grades. Love me some good grades.

No comments: