Friday, November 23, 2012

"Thanksgiving Time...is here..."

And not a moment too soon! A four day weekend is always welcome, but after a 24 day Advocare cleanse in which we couldn't eat anything yummy, Thanksgiving lunch was very welcome. We went over to aunt Candy's house in Waxahachie and there was quite a bit of the family there. I wish we could get together more than twice a year. Maybe we should all try to do that more often. Anyhoo...I brought the camera and took a few pix:

Thanksgiving 11-22-2012

There's a lot of animosity between Mom and Uncle Tom in this picture. Right before I took this picture Mom and Tom were arguing over who was a better Prime Minister for England, Margaret Thatcher or Tony Blair.

Thanksgiving 11-22-2012

Fortunately, they made up by agreeing to disagree. Man, just one Thanksgiving without having to hear that argument would be my grown up...Christmas...wish.

Thanksgiving 11-22-2012

Thanksgiving 11-22-2012

Croquet! Aunt Candy bought a croquet set and Zach and Emmy just loved playing with it. Maybe ol' Santa should bring one for the family and leave it under the ol' tree...eh?

Thanksgiving 11-22-2012

Tony decided we all wanted to relive our glory days and play some touch football. Well, we played about 20 minutes and then we all did this. I guess everybody gets older. I appreciate the back rub Emmy gave me though.

But the day before that, we went to Dave and Buster's in the Highlands:

Dave and Buster's 11-21-2012

Here Zach is trying to play the greatest video game of all...Dance Dance Revolution! I've played it with Emmy before a couple of times at Alley Cats, but Zach was hopping everywhere like a crazy person. At least here he was getting points for doing it ha ha.

Dave and Buster's 11-21-2012

Emmy's friend Ryann is in the background. She seems about as silly as Emmy is, which is probably why they get along so well. There's a whole story behind all of that. Long story short, one of Emmy's former friends pretty much turned on her and things may not ever be the same between them again. We've encouraged her to reach out to this person to try and see if there's anything left to mend. Who knows...

Emmy has started volleyball again! I had my camera all ready to take some good action shots only to have the batteries die after like three pictures. Here's a pic...literally:

Emily 2012 Volleyball 11-17-2012

Emily: "Watch out everyone, I'm serving the ball NOW!!!!"
Me: "You don't have to shout that everytime you serve!"
Emily: "But...what if they're not paying attention and someone gets hit in the eye?"
Me: "Are you kidding? You'll probably win the point."

It's gotten really cold the last week or so. I'm going to be getting the tree up and lit and the house lights on as well. Emmy always gets the tree all set up for me. I sure do appreciate her. Zach always helps get the ornaments on the tree. I appreciate him as well. Cari always goes out on Black Friday and shops till she drops so that she can get the best deal. I always appreciate her, even if she thinks I don't ha ha. Every Christmas I always try to make it better than last year. Even if I can't, at least I tried. Different candles, different decorations for the house...I even cleaned out the fireplace in the hopes that we might light a fire this year. This year I'm going to try and recap some of my favourite Christmas memories if I haven't done so already. It's hard to believe that was such a long time ago...and there's no way to relive it at all. Just brief flashes of gifts...too brief.

No comments: