Sunday, November 04, 2012

"One Eventful Week!"

Why is it that half of the kids that Zach knows has a birthday in October?? Makes for a long month of birthday parties. But this one was pretty cool. Zach's friend Nicholas had his 7th party at a place all of us have been trying to go for a while but haven't. Talking about Legoland! We tried to go last year and there was a line out the door. A few pix:

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

Here Zach is putting together a car that can be raced down these raceways:

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

He managed to win a few, due to his car was streamlined and not two feet high like some of the other kids ha ha.

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

A Lego-made Dirk Nowitzki? Believe it! I would estimate it took about 4,000-5,000 to make this. Zach looks short by comparison...but I guess we could say that about anyone eh?

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

The two of them are literally like nitroglycerin. I had to make Zach come over twice and sit in time out because he was a little too wild. Boys will be boys I guess.

And now...on to Miniland! The Legoland folks decided to create an entire exhibit of their favourite Texas landmarks together and create this little city:

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

Cowboys Stadium! Wow, it's just like being at the real stadium...except I didn't need $800 to park and buy tickets.

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

Looks like the players on this field are having a better season than the real Rangers. Why? It's October and they're still playing!

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

Great Wolf Lodge! Me and Zach have never been here so we don't know what we're missing. You can miss a lot for $400 a night.

Nicholas' Party At Legoland 10-27-2012

Me: "Okay Zach, say cheese!"
Zach: "Um, I'm behind you Dad."
Me: "Really? Then who is this in front of me?"
Zach: "I had a Lego replica built of me!"
Me: "Wow...that's really good!"

Sunday we went to yet another birthday party. Gage and Zach have known each other for about 3 years and we never turn down a chance to go to Country Critters! Emmy sure had a fun time:

Gage's Birthday @ Country Critters 10-28-2012

No, that wasn't a real ear of corn. I wonder where she gets her silliness from sometimes.

Gage's Birthday @ Country Critters 10-28-2012

Kissing a scarecrow? Is that what we've sunk to when we have to do this in order to get laughs? Actually it was pretty funny. All Emmy.

Then, Wednesday...Halloween!! Zach decided to be a Power Ranger since apparently they're the greatest thing in the world right now! Emmy decided to be Catness Eberdeen from Hunger Games:

Halloween 2012

Pretty scary yes? I myself was terrified. They managed to get a good haul of candy since we went to their cousin Ethan and Dylan's neighborhood. They know how to give and give.

Afterwards we went to said cousin's house so Zach could open some presents!

Zach Is Seven! 10-31-2012

A paper airplane kit? Well, Zach has been making paper airplanes constantly and sometimes they fly, sometimes not. But this thing that I found at Barnes and Noble for only $15, is perfect for him. Teach him how to make em right by golly.

Zach Is Seven! 10-31-2012

A new UnderArmour shirt! Zach just loves these. He thinks it shows off his incredible muscular physique. Maybe one day it will ha ha.

Zach Is Seven! 10-31-2012

A new Power Ranger! His first one actually. Hopefully we can keep this one together for a while. Not sure what Cindy is doing. Maybe reminiscing about those days gone by...

Saturday Zach is having his big-time party at Pump It Up! Haven't met a kid yet who doesn't like this place. Especially Zach. He can never stay still for very long when there's bounce houses to jump on. I'm really proud of him for doing well in first grade and not getting in trouble. If anyone knows how to get in trouble it's me. Kid you not, I got a paddling in school once a year while I was in Fairmeadows. I never told my parents about any of them until years later and then they were like "No you didn't...". Ah well. One time I found an old cigarette lighter in the grass so I decided to try and light grass on fire, which was impossible since it was out of fluid. Not my best decision, mind you. Well, this dumb girl decided to snitch on me and, well...you know what happened. Good thing some parts of your life go by faster than others. It's more fun to look back and laugh than to live it now and feel bad.

No comments: