Friday, December 21, 2012

"Another Birthday??"

Man, am I really 38? Really? Time sure does go by fast and slow at the same time doesn't it? Mom was nice enough to have Keri and us over for a wonderful lunch and a few presents! Thank goodness Amazon.com has the wish list function plus every item known to man (and a few that aren't!) for me to wish for. A few pix:

Mike and Keri Birthday 12-16-2012

This has quickly become one of my favourite hoodies! Even if the Cowboys are only an 8-8 team for the 2nd year in a row, this is really warm and soft...just like me!

Mike and Keri Birthday 12-16-2012

A new alarm clock! I had been using Uncle Paul's old one with the manual tuner and no antenna so that I could never wake up to 103.3 ESPN radio in the mornings. But this one will charge my phone, play songs off of it, and even has 2 alarms for different radio stations! A very wise choice I made to wish for it many moons ago.

Mike and Keri Birthday 12-16-2012

Mike and Keri Birthday 12-16-2012

There's some good shots of me and the little folks! Keri wouldn't let anyone take pictures of her for some reason...a real mystery. Maybe we'll be enlightened one day.

So...now I'm 38. Now what? I seem to be in a pretty good place in my life. There's some things about me that annoy people I'm sure, but I wouldbe willing to bet there's more than a few people that would want to be in the position that I'm in. Financially I had the best year of my life, and I think Cari did too. Working 10 hours of overtime a week will do that for you. Hopefully 2013 will be just as good to us. I try to not take things for granted and to always be thankful for what I've been given. Part of me wonders if I should be doing something more...

No comments: