Friday, December 28, 2012

"New Carpet??"

Well, not really. But we did rent a carpet shampooer from Kroger to get our house ready for Christmas! This year it was our turn to play host for Mom and Keri to exchange presents before going over to Tom and Glenda's new house in Millsap for the Camp Christmas get together. Here is what it looked like before:

Cleaning Our Carpets! 12-20-2012

Ugh...just...foul. We have an older carpet cleaner in the garage but it didn't do anything. Needless to say it looks a lot better now. So we got the house looking better and we had a good time opening presents. A few pix:

Christmas with Mom and Keri 12-22-2012

The Beatles are coming! Well, not really. But Mom saw this shirt and thought it would be perfect for me. And...it was.

Christmas with Mom and Keri 12-22-2012

A Beatles clock! I'm sensing a theme here. Keri definitely scored a major find here.

Christmas with Mom and Keri 12-22-2012

A Titanic Christmas ornament! I'm not as big into the movie as others are, but this is pretty neat.

Christmas with Mom and Keri 12-22-2012

I do believe this is Emmy's most favourite present she got this year. I personally added this to her Amazon wish list cuz I thought she'd like it, but it turns out she won't take it off now. I even cought some flack because she's worn it to Six Flags like every time we've been (between washes of course).

Christmas with Mom and Keri 12-22-2012

Zach even picked up a cool Spiderman hat and gloves! As cold as it's been this winter I know he'll need them. I think I got out of order here. The Saturday night before, we went over to Grandma's house to have Christmas with Dad and company since they don't come to Grandma's house on Christmas Day. Which, since it's at Ed and Susan's house this year, would seem silly to go to Grandma's house only to find no one one. So we had a potluck dinner and some apple pie for dessert and, as always, exchanged a few gifts:

Christmas With Dad 12-21-2012

Keri was nice enough to nab some "Griswold Family Christmas" t-shirts from...somewhere. So, we had our picture made with them. Seemed the right thing to do.

Christmas With Dad 12-21-2012

Me: "Wow, a Mackinaw Peach shirt from the tv show Seinfeld!!"
Emily: "I don't know why that shirt is so funny, but it's cracking me up!"
Cari: "I think there's some sort of laughing gas being pumped in through the vents...HA HA HA"

Christmas With Dad 12-21-2012

Man, someone is ecstatic over his new saw blades!! I was talking about Dad of course. I know you were all thinking Grandma, but...nope.

Christmas With Dad 12-21-2012

A Phineas & Ferb voice changer! I added this to Zach's wish list about 3 years ago and he finally got it. It makes him sound really weird...er. Heh heh.

Next week I'll feature the pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! Needless to say, my children made out very well for themselves. As did I. I love my Mackinaw peach shirt. I can never have enough cool t-shirts.

No comments: