Friday, December 14, 2012

"Cello Time!"

Yes, my favourite daughter Emily had her Christmas strings recital Monday night and, thanks to a good co-worker switching schedules with me, I was able to see (and photograph and videotape) it!! A few pix:

Emily Cello Recital 12-10-2012

Boy: "So, do you come here often?"
Emily: "What? What are you talking about? I come here everyday! It's called SCHOOL?!"
Boy: "No no, I meant do you get on the stage and play cello often...?"
Emily: "Ohh. No, not usually, unless they ask me..."

Emily Cello Recital 12-10-2012

When I was filming I zoomed in on her playing. Was pretty cool. Better than I could ever play the violin when I lived in Canada. They were all so shocked in 8th grade that I couldn't speak French and play an instument. Bunch of idiots.

Dad came by Thursday and took me out to lunch! We went to the one place neither of us ever get to go very often...Black Eyed Pea! We got rhe same meal practically, of course. Chicken Fried Chicken is so good there. I think they shrunk the portions a little, but it was still really good. He even got me the Three Stooges book I had on my Amazon Wish List! The real present was getting together though. We never seem to do that very often.

Oh yeah, it's my birthday! Numero 38. Man, some people might feel old when they hit that, but I'm in the best shape of my life right now. Hopefully I won't just completely fall apart when I hit 60 or 70. I wish I could think about things other than that right now. Time just flows by around us so fast.

No comments: