Friday, April 12, 2013

"Last Dance....Tonight...."

Yes, to quote the wonderful yet sad Donna Summer song, this year marks the last daddy daughter dance that Emily and I will go to as she is finishing up her last year at Little Elementary. I suppose all things have to end at some point. But it really seems like the last 7 years just kind of breezed by rather quickly. But, that's why someone invented cameras, right? A few pix:

Daddy Daughter Dance 4-6-2013

This is a really nice shot of us. I may need to have this one framed. Someone on Facebook commeneted they thought I'd slimmed down. That's always nice to hear. It's always kind of hard to bring it up since you take the chance that the person you said it to didn't know they were trying to lose weight in the first place. Make sense:

Daddy Daughter Dance 4-6-2013

We ended up accompanying Emmy's friend Ryann and her dad so I had someone to talk to while they ran around to who knows where. I thought this was a pretty good shot of them being silly. They were playing "Can't Touch This" and I busted a move. Emmy acted embarassed but deep down I knew she was embarassed to be seen with me. I didn't mind. I had fun.

Melting Pot 4-6-2013

Afterwards we all decided that the Melting Pot was the place to be. Not Braums, where we usually go. Mainly because someone we all know would be there talking his head off. But it was really good. We all shared the S'Mores chocolate with the marshmallow and graham crackers. Was really rich.

Then, Sunday, we got to go to our first Ranger game of the season! Section 9 which was really good seats for being in the outfield. But first, we got to walk the field in the Girl Scout Parade! I'd never been on the actual field before so it was kind of cool:

Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels 4-7-2013

One guess who knew I was taking a picture?

Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels 4-7-2013

Speak for yourself.

Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels 4-7-2013

Josh who? Man did he get booed at this game. And he will continue to get booed at every game he plays here for the rest of his days. That's what you get for not standing by your word and drfecting to the enemy.

Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels 4-7-2013

Johnny Football threw out the first pitch! I guess when you're the only freshman to win a Heismann trophy there are certain perks. Maybe I should win a Heismann, then I can throw out the first pitch. Someday...someday...

Well, we won the game 7-3, thanks to three Ranger home runs!! So, Zach did a dance only he can do:

Texas Rangers vs. Los Angeles Angels 4-7-2013

Oh, to be young again...not caring what you do in front of people. Ha ha...

All in all we had a pretty fun weekend. As we began the 2013 Rangers season, we say good-bye to the annual spring tradition of the daddy daughter dance. There might be more later on, but for now this looks like the last one. They all had one thing in common though. We always had a fun time. But this year seemed to be the most fun. She's getting to be so grown up. She will always be my little girl though. No matter what she does in her life or where life takes her.

Daddy Daughter Dance 2-6-09 06

No comments: