Friday, April 05, 2013

"One Fun Weekend!!"

Besides being Easter weekend, we also managed to squeeze in a trip to Six Flags! I switched shifts with someone at work to get off early so we could enjoy the park longer. And, since the iPhone 4 has a better camera, I managed to snag a few pix:

Six Flags 3-29-2013

We always start with the Merry-Go-Round. Emily was doing something else so it was just the three of us + the Barkers. This is a good shot of da guyz.

Six Flags 3-29-2013

I thought this would make a good shot of Zach and Carson. How Zach is managing to keep all of his teeth in his mouth and not lost any yet is beyond me.

Six Flags 3-29-2013

Not quite sure what Jerramy is looking at...literally...I have no idea.

The next day we watched Zach's soccer game then went to Rita's Italian Ice in Euless:

Rita's 3-30-2013

Me: "Hey Jerramy, how's that Italian Ice taste??"
Jerramy: "MMMMMMHHHPPPHHMMM......."
Me: "I see..."

Then Jerramy and I took the kids to the River Legacy park! I had no idea this place existed, but Mr. Tour Guide apparently knew where everything is:

River Legacy Park 3-30-2013

Everything is dinosaur-related...apparently.

River Legacy Park 3-30-2013

Good background shot. It's actually a pretty cool place.

Then...Sunday...Easter morning! I bought a new shirt at Penney's just for that day. It's got Easter colours but it may be a little...I don't know...fruity? I hope not. After the morning church service the kids hunted eggs at their grandparent's house:

Easter 3-31-2013

Zach: "Are you sure this is the magic Easter egg?"
Cari: "Um...define magic...?"
Zach: "Like...is it made out of real gold?"
Cari: "Ohhhh....then no. It may have some candy in it though!"
Zach: "Good enough."

Easter 3-31-2013

Now I remember. Emmy had a camping trip with the Girl Scouts...that's where she was. Here we see she's on the hunt for some eggs. No Easter dress, but she got boots!

Easter 3-31-2013

This was a lizard that was creeping around. He actually stated still long enough for me to move in and get a good shot of him.

Easter 3-31-2013

Of course, what Easter would be complete without Silly String!! Everybody got sprayed...including...

Easter 3-31-2013

...poor Cari. She leaveth alone, only to get supersoaked by yon string.

Easter 3-31-2013

Easter 3-31-2013

No one was safe...not even me! Everyone kept spraying me AND my camera...even after repeated warnings or my wrath went completely ignored...they shall pay for this.

I know I haven't had anything really profound to say lately. Maybe everything there is to know in life has been learned. Maybe not. But the kids are almost done with school. Emmy's gonna be in junior high in like four months! And Zach will be in second grade! Time just keeps moving on...and there's absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. So just enjoy the ride.

No comments: