Friday, April 19, 2013

"They've Bloomed!"

Like clockwork.

Every three years, the irises in my flower bed manage to spring forth actual flowers! Here we are after three days:

My Irises have bloomed! April 2013

And after three more days...

My Irises have bloomed! April 2013

Now I can start to see the purple bloom starting to appear. I wish I had different colours that all bloomed at different times, that'd be really cool. I'll have to check out Lowe's or something I guess.

Zach starts real pitch baseball tomorrow!! He hasn't played t-ball in over a year, but so far he is showing he hasn't lost any of that instinct that makes him so good. We were practicing in the front yard last week and he can still scoop em up and throw em out!

Finally watched "Throw Momma From The Train" last week! Can't beleive it's over 25 years old and I never saw it. It was really good. I don't think I could ever bring myself to take someone's life though. I guess that's why I don't believe in the death penalty. Who among us has the right to determine whether someone lives or dies? After what happened this week, it's hard not to read about people dying:



And...



...it is just ridiculous that these things have to happen in the world. I really hope this isn't some kind of pre-determined course that a higher power put in force for one reason or another. If I find out that these were merely random acts of stupidity and unfortunate circumstances, I'd be okay with that. Really.

No comments: