Friday, May 10, 2013

"Field...Of Dreams..."

Yes, it is that time of year when the kids of JB Little take the field to compete in such heat-exhausting events as the 75 yard dash and tug of war! It's also the time of year when I actually get to use my sick days! Usually in May and September. If ya got em' use em', I say. Now Emmy's been doing this for a while, but this was Zach's year to truly shine! Here he is running the 40 yard dash:



Second place ribbon!! That's my little Usain Bolt!! Or Carl Lewis...depending which generation you're from.



Hula hoop!! He lasted longer than some of the kids but hips don't lie.

Zach 1st Grade Field Day 5-10-2013

Me: "Okay Zach, the idea is to pull the rope harder than the other team!"
Zach: "Gee, ya think!? Get over here and help me!"
Me: "Gee, I would, but it wouldn't be fair to the other team dude..."
Zach: "Always a technicality with you, eh Pop?"

Afterwards, I went and got the Saturn inspected and brought both of them lunch:

Lunch With Zach 5-9-2013

Lunch With Emily 5-9-2013

Zach had McDonald's, Emmy had Subway. That's a lot of driving in one hour!

Then, Friday, it was Emmy's turn to shine:

Emily 6th Grade Field Day 5-10-2013

Here they had to work a hula hoop down the chain of kids while they all held hands. The boy sure doesn't seem very enthused at having to hold Emmy's hand. Eh, what does he know. I couldn't get a picture of Emmy getting the hula hoop because her teacher chose to stand in front of each kid as they were moving the hula hoop. Some people...geez.

Emily 6th Grade Field Day 5-10-2013

Emmy: "Hey Dad, how far did I kick the soocer ball?"
Me: "Let's see...official measurement is three feet!"
Emmy: "That's all!? I demand a recount!"
Me: "Judges? What? Two feet? Aw man..."

Emily 6th Grade Field Day 5-10-2013

Here Emmy is in the shuttle relay! They won this event if I recall correctly. She's a lot like me. Not a fan of running but once we start we can usually smoke the competition.

I managed to get the garage organized quite a bit. Lots of stuff sitting around not serving a purpose, so out it goes! Found a couple of things people had been looking for, which usually happens when things get put up. Was a fun four days though. Went to Starbucks like, a lot, and Mom and Keri even came out to watch Zach and Emmy's games! Always nice to step away from the office for a while.

No comments: