Friday, May 17, 2013

"Our New Car!!"

Well, not so much a car, but more of a behemoth! On 5-4-2013 we made a trip to Carmax to test drives some minivans, but not necessarily to buy one. Well, we found the one. The. One. A 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan with 28,000+ miles on it, and fully loaded. DVD Flip down screen:

Our New 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan

...which is really cool because Zach and Emmy can watch movies during those long drives, say to Dallas, or Fort Worth, or the 7-11 a third of a mile from our house.

Our New 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan

Man, just look at that dash! A lot fanicer then my 1997 Sentra. Then again, anything is fanicer then my 1997 Sentra. Anything. You name it.

Our New 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan

I like the display. Looks like something Captain America would drive!

Our New 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan

What's cool is I can open both sliding doors and the trunk door with the remote! Plus I can start the van form the remote so if it's hot I can get it started ahead of time and cool it off before we even get inside. That will definitely come in handy this summer. Gets a little toasty around here in July.

So what happened to the Sentra you may be wondering? Well, calm down and I'll tell you. My cousin Moriah, all of 18 years old and in need of a cheap, cheap, cheap car, decided that $500 was a fair price to buy the car I've been driving since Clinton was in office. So, I sold it to her...and explained all the little quirks and habits that you must know about in order to drive it. Hopefully her brother can work those things out and she can get another 16 years out of it! 205,000 miles...and counting.

No comments: