Saturday, August 06, 2005

"Do You Hate Your Job?"


Some of us do, some of us don't. Me personally, I think I fall in between. The job itself isn't too bad, but the pay could be better, and the employer (Pharmacare) knows that, which is why the majority of people who are there have been there for quite a while. They're comfortable. I'm comfortable. Some would call it a career rut, stalling point, call it what you will, but these days with people hit hard by economic turmoil, comfort has become hard to come by. As far as these guys go, I'm wondering, "How do you write a Playboy video anyway?" I would imagine "Get naked and hug all over your co-star" is a pre-requisite. I mean that's half the video right there! I guess there's a story that has to lead up to that though. My request for a transcript from this one was denied unfortunately, so let's make one up, shall we? :


(logger is in the water standing on logs guiding them to the sawmill)
(beautiful woman comes out of the water and gets his attention)
(logger jumps from log to log to get a better look at her)
(woman picks the biggest tree and lays down to wait for her logger)
(and...everyone gets naked and hugs all over each other)



Wow! That wasn't so hard! I think I found a career path I may have overlooked! I did that in like 10 minutes. Let's see if I can do one more here before the progeny wakes up:


(commercial fisherman drops his net in the ocean)
(net comes up with hundreds of fish, crabs, lobsters...and something very big...too big to be a fish)
(fisherman releases net on deck to find...a mermaid!)
(mermaid explains how she was trapped by the water and needed someone to free her)
(and...you guessed it...everyone naked and hugging)



These things write themselves, don't they? Ol' Gary and Christian have it made. Maybe I should e-mail Playboy this blog as a kind of resume`. One day...one day. BTW, in my movie "scripts", I picked those two jobs because they are considered the number one and two most dangerous jobs in the world. The way I see it, if you have that kind of prize waiting, I'm gonna make you work for it! What other jobs are considered dangerous? I know about cop, fireman, FBI, bodyguard, etc...but is there something people don't think about as dangerous? Leave a comment and tell me!

No comments: