Friday, August 26, 2005

"For Sale: One Gigantic Amusement Park."


I couldn't believe my eyes when I picked up the Friday edition of the Arlington Star Telegram. Six Flags Over Texas is for sale! Even if I could afford it, the paper is telling people NOT to buy it. The reason: Six Flags has lost money for the last six years and could benefit from new management. Plus, and this I didn't know...Daniel Snyder, the owner of the Washington Redskins, also owns Six Flags! Looks like he doesn't know how to run either.

Anyways...on the off-chance that someone buys the most popular tourist attraction in Texas and bulldozes it to build condos, I will dedicate a post on my Spirit Of Texas blog to what would have been an important part of my childhood if we had gone more. Check it out today!

No comments: