Friday, August 19, 2005

"Ice Age 2"



Pop Tarts



Fruit snacks

Can you believe all the merchandising for this movie? And this is just the tip of the iceberg! (okay, bad pun, I know) By the time this movie is said and done with, there's no telling how much of this stuff will be in existence. Ever wonder what the greatest toys ever made were? A lot of it depends on who you ask. If you ask me (ask! ask now!), I would say the Transformers from the 1980's, and that's just because I grew up with 'em. And...as long as we're reminiscing...

One of my favorite memories was watching this show called "Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling" back in the mid-80's. For those of you who remember, the WWF was huge. Wrestlemania would come to town and sell out the arena. Just as I started getting into this show, my parents enrolled me in some karate class at the local community college. I'm sure they did it because I was watching too many cartoons on the weekend. But come on, isn't that what it's for!? What's amazing is that I still remember what I was doing back then. I guess abstaining from drugs and alcohol was beneficial to my life after all. Some of the other shows that I enjoyed watching around that time were "CBS Storybreak", "Muppet Babies", and "The Wuzzles". Ahh, memories...

No comments: