Friday, November 18, 2005

I Once was "Lost"...but now...am found...

Remember "Must-See" tv? The shows you just HAD to watch because if you didn't, you would literally die? You know the ones I'm talking about..."Seinfeld", "Friends", "Cheers", etc...and then there was the dry spell. Seemed like there was nothing good on the ol' tube for years. And now...they're back!! Leading the way is what many consider the best action-drama show since...oh, I don't know..."Magnum P.I"? Anyways, I am of course referring to "Lost". This is THE hot show of the year, and I should know. I correctly predicted that "Arrested Development" would eat it at some point this year and lo and behold, Fox up and slashes it to shreds in the middle of it's 3rd season.
Anyways...I didn't watch Lost much its first season. Wasn't until they reran it over the summer that I got into it. And now...I make it the highlight of my Wednesdays to get the kids to bed by 8pm EST so I can snuggle under my sheets and see the adventures of Jack, Sawyer, Ana Lucia, and of course...my boy...biggest bad-ass since Shaft...John Locke, played excellently by Terry O'Quinn. Here's a picture of him staring someone down:





What's interesting (and maybe a sign of things to come) is when you go to Yahoo Image Search and type in "John Locke" (which you can see by clicking here), you get THIS GUY:





John Locke (1632-1704): Public servant and philosopher, Locke identified the basis for just law and government that serves rather than rules. His major work on socio-political philosophy, Two Treatises of Civil Government, introduces the distinction between liberty and licence.

Hmm...does anyone think this could have anything to do with Locke's role on the island? Something tells me it might!! What are your thoughts on "Lost"? Lemme know! And be sure to click my map at the top and let me know where ya are!!

No comments: