Monday, November 21, 2005

"The Toys...Are...Alive!!"

Ever get in one of those creative urges? The ones where you want to accomplish something that people will look at and go "Oooh...ahhh..." and so forth. Well, lately that feeling of euphoria has gotten into me. So much so that I have a bunch of unopened action figures in my garage that I wanna rip open and do...something...I don't know what exactly...but this ain't goin' away and some of that stuff is worth serious coin but only if unopened. So...I shall resist the urge for now...and since I have a ton of stuff that's already unopened, why not take some pictures and let ya know what they are!



The Constructicons:
I have no idea why they made a yellow set of these (which is kinda unattrative). I bought these for a total of $33 back in 1999 so I didn't go into hock over them. They are:

Mixmaster (cement truck)
Hook (crane)
Scrapper (payloader)
Bonecrusher (bulldozer)
Long Haul (dump truck)
Scavenger (steam shovel)



Here they are in vehicle mode...look completely different don't they?



This is Optimus Prime from the Machine Wars series. I showed this to a friend one time and he about flipped. He was all "That ain't him!". Guess he's from the Generation One era.



As you can see, they fixed up the ol' tractor trailer a bit.



Combaticons: These guys were used in a few episodes from the 80's and then seemingly forgotten. They are:

Onslaught (tractor trailer)
Vortex (helicopter)
Blast-Off (space shuttle)
Swindle (jeep)
Brawl (tank)



There they are in their vehicular mode.



This is Bruticus. As you can see, all five combine to form one superbot. The story is quite interesting how he came about (you can read about it here). I bought these in 1994 simply because they were they only ones around. Would have bought others but it was a slow time for the franchise I guess.

So there ya have em...I have boxes of these stuff that I will try to get documented before I die. If I should fail, I will have my daughter Emily or son Zach take over for me. And yes...they will.

No comments: