Monday, April 06, 2009

"One Small Step For Man..."

...one giant leap for me! That is to say, after weeks of trial, error, and some cursing, I have finally figured out how to make movie CDs of all the movies on my camcorder! Now I can upload here, to YouTube, etc. because I can create movie files. I even figured out how to cut and paste bits and pieces to streamline them so to speak. Maybe I'll make a movie about something now! But for now I will be content with getting them stored for posterity. That a word?

Well, after 14 months of faithful, dedicated service to the ol' Healthmarkets, I have finally gotten my raise for 2009! I know this will sound like sour grapes, but it wasn't as much as I was hoping for. But then again, after thinking about it, I am ecstatic that:

1)I got a raise at all, and
2)I have a job that gave me a raise

See? I'm not so self-absorbed that I don't appreciate the gifts I have been given. I only act that way...sometimes...

Took the kids to our beloved Water Gardens in Ft Worth last Friday. Here is one picture I'm kind of proud of:

@ The Water Gardens
I took it while Emmy was in mid-jump but the picture got it just as she was jumping so it looks like she is balancing on the steps with a crazy look on her face lol.

@ The Water Gardens
This shot I absolutely love. The sun was setting, it had just rained, and the lights inthe background look like they were put there just so I could take this shot. As Lester Burnham would say...spectacular.

I had THE weirdest dream last night. So get this...Jessica Simpson and me and some other guy are walking around downtown Ft Worth where evidently the three of us all worked at the same place. She informed us that she was quitting and we wouldn't get to hang out together again. While the specifics of this dream aren't evident, I remember being hurt at hearing this news. It was as if I had lost my best friend and didn't know how to feel better. Then I wake up, feeling hurt but also feeling puzzled that I feel this way at something that didn't even happen. But it felt real. Real enough to invoke an emotional response from me. So I turn on E! this morning and guess who is the subject of the "True Hollywood Story". Why do these things always happen to me? This is too much of a coincidence to just say "Hey, how about that?" To be continued...

No comments: