Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"How 'Bout Them Mavs!!!"

Oh man oh man was that an awesome game!! Game 5, Western Conference Semi-Finals, Mavericks up three games to one, looking to get past the first round of the playoffs since 2006, with some serious demons to purge from their playoff souls. I found myself staying up past my bedtime (yes, I have a bedtime! 10:30...give or take) watching them pimp-slap the Spurs into submission. It wasn't enough that we won by 2 or 4 points, but we won by 13!! Cari has family living down there so next time we all get together, believe you me this will come up in the conversation.

We painted our house last weekend!! We actually bought the paint last summer but man does life get in the way, what with soccer games and Girl Scout activities. So finally we all picked a weekend and got it done. And wouldn't you know, every kid in a 10-mile radius swarmed us and begged us to let them paint. They actually got a bulk of the grunt work done which meant less for us.

Our newly painted house!
Our newly painted house!
Green isn't it!! When the rose bush in the flower bed blooms (and we all hope that it will) and the grass is a little greener then it will all look really nice. And I learned something about myself, too. Painting isn't really so bad. Now granted, I wasn't up on the really high ladder like Cari's dad was, but I was using my ladder and getting some tough spots. Wasn't so bad.

Our newly painted house!
Our newly painted house!
Posted my first YouTube video from my new camera recently! None other then Emmy playing soccer. Not very "hit-worthy", I know, but maybe someone will search for a soccer game and find it. Here it is in all its' glory:



Emmy's first Communion is next Sunday! Wow, how time flies when you go to a Catholic church. But she is so excited about it. This morning I was driving her to school and she asked me if it was going to just be her up in front of everyone (it's a b-i-i-g church). I laughed and assured her there were going to be other kids as well with her. She sounded so relieved. She always tends to put pressure on herself when she doesn't have to. Maybe that's the sign of a successful person. But she drives herself to succeed in everything she does. Now if she can just get up in the morning instead of burying herself under her covers and hibernating ha ha.

No comments: