Friday, September 24, 2010

"Cari is How Old? Pt II"

Yes, she is still 34. We had another celebration a week later where I was able to give her my gift(s). Among them:

Cari is 34! 9-19-10
A coffee cup that says, "I'll rise but I refuse to shine!" I think that says it all...

Cari is 34! 9-19-10
Cari: "Ooh, what a lovely watch!"
Me: "Just wait until Christmas when I get a battery for it."
Cari: "Oh...goodie...?"
Jack: "Do I have enough phones? I think I need more."

CIMG0303
Only one of the kids is actually saying "Cheese" when I asked them to. Any idea who it is? No hints.

Getting real tired of it not feeling like fall around here. As I recall, fall begins on Sept 21st. here we are, on the 24th, and it is still in the 90's every day with no wind. Plus, large clouds form overhead making it humid. However, as my Facebook friend Rebecca Miller of CW33's weather team stated yesterday, a cold front is about to come our way. I sure hope so. As you may know from reading this thing lo these many years, cold weather is when I come alive. metaphorically speaking of course. I've always been alive. But I really get in a reminiscent mood when I have my Christmas-scneted candles lit and you have to wear a coat to go outside. Seven months ago we got 14 inches of snow dumped on us and part of me hopes we get it again. Of course, when we have a winter like that, our summer becomes that much hotter which we all complain about. There's just no making anyone happy sometimes, but I know God does the best He can.

No comments: