Thursday, September 09, 2010

"Isn't Zach A Little Young?"

Well, if you mean shaving, then yes, since he's only 5 (almost). But that didn't stop him from at least wanting to see if he could do it. As it turns out, he's a natural! A few pix:

Zach Shaving 9-9-10
Zach Shaving 9-9-10
Zach Shaving 9-9-10
And yes, before you ask if it's a pretend blade, it is!

Had our annual Labour Day party at Aunt Becky's house! I brought my camera but not too much happened until we tried to take our group picture. A few pix:

Labour Day 2010
Zach: "Hey Dad, do I look like The Last Airbender?"
Me: "Who?"
Zach: "(sigh) nevermind..."
Me: "If you said The Last Windbreaker, then I know a few people who can do that!"

Labour Day 2010
Dean: "Okay everyone! Becky's house is slightly crooked so everyone lean to the left."
Becky: "My house is NOT crooked! Maybe your precious $10,000 camera is 'crooked'!"
Dean: "Not a chance...it's perfect in every way...just like me..."

(GROAN)

We got like a mile of rain dumped on us yesterday! I tried to take some shortcuts but they were all flooded out! Finally made it to work though. So far I'm not on the care line so hopefully my bonus checks will stay the way they have been. I have already put my skills to good use though. Feels good to know that something you were apprehensive about turns out to be not so bad.

Zach has his first t-ball game this Saturday! As a dad who used to play Little League I couldn't be prouder that a kid of mine wants to play something besides soccer. Not that soccer's bad, mind you. Just...baseball will always be a big deal to me. I took Zach and Emmy to the park a couple weeks ago to work on his skills. He's got some talent! Good reflexes, good swing...now we just need to learn the basics and he'll be "good to go".

No comments: