Friday, September 03, 2010

"What Would You Do For Free Burgers"?

For me...this:

Whataburger
Now honestly, we don't have a strong desire to go to Whataburger every chance we get. Frankly, they cost an arm and a leg for the 4 of us to eat there. But I got an e-mail from a co-worker about this contest so I entered. Now I used to LOVE Whataburger in my semi-unemployed days. I would go there at 7 in the morning and eat a hamburger at Lakeside Park in Duncanville. Geez, what a waste of my early 20's. Or was it?

Got some awesome rain this week. Then we got some sun. Put the 2 together and we get:

Rainbow 9-2-10
A rainbow! Seems like we've been seeing more and more lately. To be honest, I don't remember seeing many of them when I was a kid.

Cari had a wreck this week! Some guy plowed into her rear and we had to have our beloved Saturn Ion towed. Now Caliber Collision says it's going to take 2 weeks to fix it.

Our damaged car 9-2-10
Our damaged car 9-2-10
Looks awful doesn't it? Fortunately no one was hurt. But Cari's neck is in pain. She saw a doctor. Of all things to happen right before Labour Day weekend...(sigh).

Work finally stated me on customer care training. Hopefully they won't put me on the phone line that those calls come in cuz if they do then my bonus checks all but evaporate. I think the time has come to maybe pursue another workplace. This one has sucked any fun we ever used to have ever out of it and left us with just a job and not much else. Now I'm grateful as anyone to not really feel the economic crunch that so many others have felt, and praise God for that. For 2 1/2 years I really enjoyed coming to work and now...not so much. But I'm really good at what I do and maybe another company will show that to me more then this one. We shall see.

Did I waste my 20's? I don't think it matters if I did or not. We can't go back and fix anything. If we could, would I do anything differently? Like what? Have less fun? More fun? I've come to the conclusion that no matter what we change it just won't matter later on. I'm not upset about it, mind you. I've enjoyed my life ever since I had Emmy. Seems like it has more of a meaning then just wake up, work, go to bed. I'm always trying to come up with fun things for us to do, some successful, others not so much. Hopefully Zach and Emmy will get more fulfillment out of their childhoods then others. I think they will. I also think they will know I was part of it.

No comments: