Monday, September 13, 2010

"Let's Play Ball!"

Yes, my son Zach has finally been inducted into one of the great experiences of a boy's youth: Little League!! Actually, it's a T-Ball league, but he's on his way! Here are a few pix:

Zach T-ball 2010
Me: "Okay Zach, when a batter hits the ball to you, pick it up off the ground and throw it. Got it?"
Zach: "Look, Dad, it's 109 degrees out here...why are we torturing ourselves playing this silly game? Sonic's got 1/2 drinks!"
Me: "I'll start the car...tell the coach we'll be back in 15."

Zach T-ball 2010
Great action shot! Thanks to my lovely daughter Emmy for this one.

Zach T-ball 2010
Zach: "Hey Dad, does this hat make my head look big?"
Me: "Nah...wait a minute...yes."

I remember when I was about 17 and some of the younger kids in our church were playing little league. All I could do was lament the fact that I was too old to play. I think the cut off was 14 or so. I really wish I had enjoyed those days more instead of pouting because I had to participate in some kind of physical activity. Looking back it was one of my most favourite times in my childhood. I guess the real motiviation to have kids is to kind of re-live those days. I'd love to coach his team at some point. Of course, what can you do when you don't get off until 7pm every night? At least I get to be at all of his games which is on my list of importance. Maybe I should get that list printed and distributed so everyone will know. On second thought they'd probably just throw it away and replace it with their own.

No comments: