Friday, April 01, 2011

"Soccer Time...Is Here..."

Yes, after many weeks of hemming and hawing, young Zachary has decided to play soccer this spring! If you've ever seen a five-year old hem and haw, you know it ain't pretty. But so far he has shown a lot of hustle to not only run after the ball, but to also kick it! Here are a few pix from his first game:

Zach's Soccer Game 3-12-11
My gosh he looks so big. Compared to the other kids, I mean. When we stand next to each other I tower over him. But that's probably normal.

Zach's Soccer Game 3-12-11
Zach: Hey Dad, I'm intentionally not tucking my shirt in as a way to rebel!"
Me: "Um...that's...great?"
Kid on left: "What does intentional mean?"
Kid on right: "What does shirt mean?"

Went to Winstar Saturday night for Jerramy's birthday. First we went to Catfish Sam's for dinner. They have these rolls...baked with honey and light...mmm...after we were all done there was still a basket of about 6 of them. Well I turned into Frog and Toad and kept telling myself, "Just one more roll, and then I will stop". Well, I fisnhed off the whole dang basket. Cari was like "You had ANOTHER one!?" And I was like "Well...yeah..." and smiled sheepishly. Then at Winstar, I found a Goldfish game that I won $130 on last time and really tried to do the same but this one wasn't giving it up! I did manage to play the same $20 for 2 1/2 hours and really lost track of time until the rest of the gang showed up behind me TAPPED OUT and ready to go. Ah well. Can't win every time I guess, which is why they call is gambling and not wineverytimimg. I did leave with the $20 I didn't bet with.

I managed to "geotag" all my photos during work now that I have my Flickr page back! So now I know where each photo was taken. Does it help me enjoy them more? Probably not. But it does give me something to do when it is not so busy. Hey, when they tell me to find something to keep myself busy, I listened! Now I'm finding even more things I can do with my pictures. I'm ordering some for Dad so that people won't think Zach is two and Emily is six.

YAY we get to wear Rangers t-shirts this Friday!! And now that we can wear sneakers on Fridays this could be a great weekend. Emmy liked NorthEast mall near my office so much she wants to go back. Now that I'm feeling much better than last time, I think that would be a lot of fun. I say we go to Chisholm park first, then the mall, then maybe to the Rave movie theater and see a movie! Looks like "Diary Of A Wimpy Kid 2" and "Rango" are the family choices. Ehh...maybe.

Someone at work sent me an e-mail of this tree in Africa:

African Tree
At first you doin't really notice anything unusual about it. But, when you look closer...

African Tree
African Tree
African Tree
African Tree
Isn't that something else. We had a tree in our front yard in Duncanville and one day I thought it would be cool to carve a picture frame in it. Of course, being a kid, I had no pictures, so it was really just a big hole. The tree then proceeded to die...slowly...ah well. All in the past now. Great thing that all lousy things get left behind and never worried about again. If only the really great things didn't get left behind too...

No comments: