Friday, April 22, 2011

"I'm So Funny..."

Why do you say that, Mike? Well, calm down and I'll tell ya! Last Friday, as with all Fridays, we keep it pretty casual around here. Jeans and sneakers make it really the only day of the week worth getting excited for. So one of our managers wears this very loud red and white striped shirt. Well, my mind starts to imagine what I can do with this as she looked just like Waldo from "Where's Waldo?". Well, a co-worker who sits behind me hanneded to have this big black glasses that Waldo wears so she asked her to wear them, which she did. She also had a camera and said "Cheese!" and took a perfect picture of her. When she e-mailed it to me, I went and made it a real Where's Waldo? game by superimposing some other people in Waldo costumes behind her. Here is the finished product: Kelly Canada in "Where's Waldo?" Tell me that's not genius! The tricky part was shrinking the background people down so everything looked proportionate. The guy on the left looks like he's standing on a chair kind of. Ah well. It got a tremendous reaction in the office AND on Facebook. I should be a publicist, I swear. So, about an hour later, I e-mailed Kelly:

Me: "Say Kelly, do you know of any good framing places around here? Preferably a place that can do life-size shots or maybe bigger?"

Kelly: "As a matter of fact, I do not!!! I don't have any pictures that I would need framed in that size!!!! And....I am quite sure that you do not either!!!!!!!!!!"

Me: "Well I have to say I am more than a little disappointed. I thought our management team was here to assist us with urgent issues."

Kelly: "We are here to assist with urgent issues, however, this does not appear to be one of those types of issues!!!!!!
"

Did I go too far? She seemed to have a good sense of humour about it. Even when my co-worker printed up 8"x10" glossy photos and passed them out around the office...now that's a trooper.

I can always count on Uncle Dean to send me interesting e-mails when he gets them. Hey, remember the tsunami that hit Japan a couple of weeks ago? Well, it turns out that it kind of turned the ocean upside down and a lot of fish and sealife that are not ordinarily seen were discovered. Here are a couple of examples:

tsunami 23
tsunami 22
tsunami 03
Ugh...any craving I had for Red Lobster just went out the window.

Work has actually let up a little. We are actually getting a lunch break from time to time. I guess Februrary was just a bad month since we only got an hour lunch 3 times. In April I think we've gotten 8 or 9. Good times.

We got Zach signed up for Kindergarten on Tuesday! While the school was talking to us parents, the kids went on a tour of the classrooms and what was in store for them. Well, each classroom has baby chicks that they hatched and are monitoring their development for the kids to see. Zach was just in love with them. We had a heck of a time getting him away from them. I can't believe he's about to start school. He didn't have the best week this week. First, he drew on our couch with a Sharpie. THEN, he used a glue stick on Emmy's glasses. I asked him why he did it and he said, "I wanted to pull a joke on her." I guess he thought enough glue would cause them to be stuck to her face. OMG that is so something I would have done if my sister had worn glasses. Then, when he doesn't get what he wants he flies onto our bed and buries his head in the pillows and sticks his butt up in the air and cries about it for what seems like forever. I can usually manage to calm him down but it takes about 30 minutes. We talked last night after he got in trouble. I think slowly but surely he is getting to the point of maybe giving his actions a little thought before just blindly doing them. I don't think I thought about anything until I got to high school. Man...I hope it doesn't take Zach that long. Patience is a virtue and I have a lot more than some people, but my kids stretch it pretty thin sometimes.

No comments: