Friday, April 29, 2011

"All Good Things..."

...should keep going on forever, right? Well, some should. Seinfeld marathons on TBS, Friends marathons on TBS...you know, the important things? But, mercifully, Zach and Emmy's soccer/volleyball seasons have come to a close. Now I enjoy going to them mind you, but it's all day Saturday (and some Sundays) and it seems like no one ever gets any time to themselves unless they get up at 6:30am and goes and works out at the YMCA. But I enjoy that time in the morning. I try to sleep in Sundays but Saturday if I sleep past 7 it's a miracle. I have a certain set of machines I will use religiously such as the ab cruncher, lateral press, bicep curl, and hammer press. As always, I am sure to leave a day between using the same machine twice. I'm giving up my steak & egg burrito from Jack In The Box for one month to see if that makes a difference. There's got to be 800 calories in that combo meal. I don't think I'm doing myself any good by having that every Monday. So let's see what happens, right? Here are a few pix from Saturday:

Emily's YMCA Volleyball Game 4-23-11
Emily: "Hey Dad, who do I look like when I stand like this?"
Me: "Um...Mickey Rooney?"
Emily: "Huh? Who's that?"
Me: "WHO's THAT!? Only the greatest volleyball player ever back in 1939!"
Emily: "Way to be relevant DAD..."

Emily's YMCA Volleyball Game 4-23-11
What happens when you give a 5-year old a camera? Um...this.

Emily's Soccer Party Mama's Pizza 4-23-11
I think our camera has had it. Now when it turns on I have to pull the lens out a little more to get rid of the unfocus. Grrr...

We also celebrated Easter!:

Easter 4-24-11
Seriously. doesn't that boy know how to wear a shirt when we take pictures? They both got $10 Target gift cards from the Easter Bunny! Zach already knows what he wants to buy...weights! He wants muscles just like his dad heh heh.

Easter 4-24-2011
Man, how rare is that! The two of them not trying to rip each other's head off.

I think we have enough candy to start a sweet shop.

Easter 4-24-2011
Hey, that's a pretty good family shot. I know, I wore the same shirt in this picture that I wore in last year's Easter picture:

Easter 4-4-10
Hmmm...do I look any different? As always, the hair is a little less thick than the previous year...(sigh). I do look a little thinner though...more built...glad to see the YMCA is serving a purpose for my $58 a month.

So now that sports are over for a little bit, how do we fill the hours of the weekend now? I want to go to a Ranger game one of these days and there's like four people who want to go see one with me. I also want to go see a movie...or a bunch...as soon as they all come out. Plus Navid and I haven't seen each other in like 2 years. Now that he has Facebook we can try and communicate a lot more...but it isn't the same. His hours and mine are very different. Hopefully good friends don't need to be around each other constantly. We text sometimes too. Never thought I'd be a texter...who knew?

Wondering how Emmy got that big bandaged hand? Saturday she was playing soccer and a kid kicked the ball right into her arm! She was playing goalie and even though she stopped the shot, she fractured her arm! Poor kid. She was crying from the pain. Now I know all kids cry when they get hurt, but Emmy isn't all kids. In fact, the last time she cried from any kind of pain was about 5 years ago when she got a terrible stomachache. The doctor said it was some kind of constipation...but really...how many kinds are there, ya know? She cried for three days and three nights on that one. She's getting a cast Wednesday which she has to wear for 4-6 weeks, which also means she's going to miss her field day next month! Geez...some people just seem to have bad luck when it's most inconvienent, ya know? I was planning on taking a couple of days off to watch the festivities too. I still may. If nothing else I can have lunch with Emmy one day and Zach the next, right? I'd better have lunch with them while I can before they get too big and embarassed anytime I'm near. Honestly. I'm surprised thay aren't more already lol.

No comments: