Friday, April 15, 2011

"One Productive Week!"

Well, not productive in the way that you think it would be. Since I can use Flickr at work now, I have been going through every picture and "tagging" everyone in them so that when I'm searching for someone specific it might not take as long. Hopefully it works the way I think it will. Plus, now that someone has knocked off my picture frame that I worked so hard on back in 2008 off the wall, breaking the frame but somehow not the glass...I will just have to make another one. Remember the one I made?:

Hallway Photo Collage
I'm not sure if I should keep this and just buy a new frame or just chuck it and make a newer one with much newer photos. I already know I want to make a new one, but shouldn't I keep the old one? I mean, I put a lot of work into it while I was home alone back in 2008, so maybe I should. We shall see.

Hey, it's our anniversary this week! Wednesday to be exact. We had a romantic dinner at Taco Cabana ("the sexiest restaraunt in Arlington!"), then I stopped at Kroger's for some flowers for Cari. She even got me a card that perfectly summed up how she treats me . Hint: it wasn't positive lol. Maybe we'll go out this weekend but Zach has another birthday party to go to, so...probably not. Ah well. All part of the package sometimes.

The Rangers are on a bit of a skid lately. We lost the last 2 games against Detroit of all teams, now we have to go to New York for the first time since embarassing the Yankees in last year's ALCS. Out of curiosity I searched "Texas Rangers" on Flickr and came up with a few neat shots. Unfortunately, everyone locked them up so I could not get the HTML code. So, here are a few that I took:

Dad Sarah & Me @ Ranger Game
Real good action shot and no blurries!!

me & Emmy @ the Ranger Game!
One of my faves. So glad I have kids who like going to the BIA.

Ranger Red Round-up 10-1-10
Nice outdoor shot on a perfect sunny day.

Ballpark In Arlington 8-16-08
Love when they have fireworks at night.

Here's Emily when she was 6 months old:

Emily at 6 months old
I know, I have some editing to do to make the background all one colour. Very time-consuming, ya know. Why do my kids have such big heads when they're young? Is that really necessary?

Here she is in a recent photo:

Gabriela Birthday Party 2-26-11
I tell you, it is the fastest 9 years of any parent's life sometimes. During the spring our weekends consist of volleyball games, soccer games, and more soccer games. And now she's going to be ten this year! I don't post as much on here about her as I do Zach, and I should remedy that. Here are some pix of our Saturday mornings together before her brother came along:

Emmy @ Botanical Gardens
This was actually on Martin Luther King day. I had the day off work and Emmy was off school. I remember the weather was just perfect for going outside.

Emmy @ Botanical gardens
This was a day when Cari had to go into work so the two of us hit the road. I love that big clock. A wonder of the world I think.

Emmy @ Water Gardens
This was my Blogger profile picture for a long time. Look how innocent she is.

Went to Half-Price Books yesterday and scored a plethora of items!:

INXS Live CD
Concentration computer game
Justice League comic book
Book of trivia questions

I tried to read the comic book to Zach last night and the story was so far over his head, even when I tried to dumb it down it still didn't make any sense to him. But we looked at the pictures and talked about who was tougher, the Green Lantern or Superman. I think we agreed to disagree. But he's really starting to take after his old man. He got his first baseball cards recently and now wants to get them all the time. I feel it is my job as a good father to indulge him in this hobby as much as possible ha ha. I remember back in 1988 when I bought my first cards. Topps still made them out of that thick gray cardboard stock where the corners would get damaged almost instantly. I collected them all the way through...August 12, 1994. Yep, that's when the players decided to strike and baseball was cancelled for almost a year. It took a while, but now I like ocllecting again.

Big movies coming out this summer!! Here are a few:

Captain America


Man oh man Zach and I are seeing this one no discussion needed!

The Green Lantern


This one Zach is VERY keen on seeing!! Still his favourite superhero.

Transformers: Hunt For The Moon


To be honest I enjoyed TF2 a lot more than some people. Some felt that the story kind of got pushed aside to feature more action, but every time I watch it I can't look anywhere else.

Then of course there are the Pixar movies that will also be everywhere, but too many Youtube clips spoils the broth, knowhutimean?

1 comment:

Kody Lawson said...

Hi nice readinng your blog