Friday, April 08, 2011

"One Bittersweet Day"...

Maybe it's just the sentimental part of me, but I really try to enjoy every day that my kids are still kids. For the most part it's been an enjoyable time in my life, making sure they understand just how short being a kid is and to appreciate every day. But, every now and then, there comes a day where something changes and things are a little different going forward. Take Monday for example:

I guess Mondays are a universally bad day to get kids out of bed and get them to school. Emmy's been doing this for a while so she shows a little more get up and go, but Zach...I swear, every Monday is an absolute struggle to get him to do...well...anything. I manage to get him dressed and to the table. Emmy called Lucky Charms so I made Zach Honey Nut Cheerios. Well, since he didn't get what he wanted, he decided to grab her bowl and caused a big mess. (sigh). So you better believe he got a pop on the butt for that one. So then I asked him to brush his teeth. He comes back and something isn't quite right so I ask him to show me which toothbrush he used. For some reason we have like five open toothbrushes. Ah well. So he points to one and it is very dry. So he got another pop on the butt for lying to me about it. After we drop Emmy off at school we head over to his. Neither one of us said anything on the way there. When we walked into his school we had to wait until they unlock the doors to the classrooms and he wanted to sit on the front desk. So I picked him up and set him on it. Then, in a sweet but totally unexpected way, he wanted me to sit with him. So I did. And he gave me a big hug in a kind of "I'm sorry I was such a piece of work this morning". Then they opened the doors and we walked right in all by himself as if to say "I got this". I hadn't felt like that since the day Emmy was in pre-k and I had t tell her I couldn't wait with her in the cafeteria anymore. She looked at me and said "Okay, bye Daddy..." and I knew she was on her way to being her own person.

Speaking of Emmy, she went a-campin' about 3 weeks ago. She even took her own camera! A chip off ye olde block yes? Here are the ones that actually indicated she was outdoors:

Emmy GS Camp Out 3-19-11
Emmy GS Camp Out 3-19-11
And finally...what camp would be complete without a friend:

Emmy GS Camp Out 3-19-11
Aww...

Will try to get some pics of Emmy plaing soccer one of these days. I try to get some from each season but for now I can watch about half of her game then I have to take Zach to HIS game since his game starts at 3pm and hers starts at 1:40. Gotta love the YMCA's scheduling department right?

Found this on YouTube:



Gaw that's hilarious.

Oh, and did I mention the 2010 AL Champion Texas Rangers are now 6-0!! No losses. Now I'm sure as the season goes on there may be a loss here and there, but right now we are just clicking awesomely on ALL cylinders. I'm currently in the market for a t-shirt and a ballcap. I saw some cool ones at WalMart so I may have to get them...soon...for you see...I'm a patient person when I have to be...but when I don't have to...then I'm not! So there! Okay I'm better. But I do want it before the month is out. Oh, and I also found my gym bag! It was in the garage. I get the feeling Cari hid it out there but I can't prove it. I thought someone stole it out of my car. I mean...who would steal someone else's gym bag, ya know? Sick sickos, that's who.

No comments: