Friday, December 10, 2010

"They Say It's Your Birthday!"

Well it's my birthday too yeah!

Okay, enough singing...

Sunday we had young Zachary's 5th birthday at the YMCA for an indoor swim party!! Was a lot of fun. My biggest concern was that Zach wouldn't get enough presents, but thank goodness that wasn't a problem. A few pix:

Zach's 5th Birthday 12-5-10
Is that not the coolest cake! It was even a real mask that Zach wore for about an hour...then the flies started coming after him cuz of the frosting.

Zach's 5th Birthday 12-5-10
This is a pretty good pic of me and the boy. I made sure he was in front so he would hide my muscular flab.

Zach's 5th Birthday 12-5-10
Becky: "Mike! Don't tell jokes while I'm eating my cake!"
Mike: "Um, I thought everyone had heard the one about why the chicken crossed the road."
Becky: "Well, everyone HADN'T!!"

Zach's 5th Birthday 12-5-10
Zach's 5th Birthday 12-5-10
I got him these shirts a while back. Didn't know whether to give them to him for his birhtday or Christmas. I guess we have our answer yes?

After the partay, we went to Babe's Chicken in Arlington. And thank you for building one in Arlington. Best chicken EVER!! After dinner the waitresses brought out a biscuit with a candle in it, I thought for Zach, but Cari told themit was my birthday too. So...

Zach's Birthday Dinner @ Babe's 12-5-10
Zach's Birthday Dinner @ Babe's 12-5-10
Waitress with red eyes: "Dance Mike!! DANCE or else I'll zap you with my laser vision!"
Me: "How long is this song anyways?"
Waitress: "We have 127 more verses to go! We should be done in an hour!"
Me: "Help."

So far my birthday presents have consisted of a great oak shelf Dad built for my computer so we have a place to store stuff, a new big book of trivia and a wallet from Cari and the kids, and $10 from a co-worker!! Wasn't that nice! I used it to buy lunch for Emmy and I on Wednesday since I was off. We had a great time. We sit at a reserved table near the window and we can see the kids lined up outside. I would point at one of them until they looked at me, then Emmy would whisper something to me then I would look at the kid again and act shocked that they did whatever Emmy whispered which was nothing. Gave the kids a good scare though ha ha.

Number 36...man oh man. when I started this blog i had just turned 30. Did six years go by already? It sure did. I used to think time went by too fast. Now lately I've been thinking it goes by at the right speed. Sometimes too slow, sometimes too fast. But it always evens out. The question is...are you enjoying the ride? And are you ready for when the ride ends?

No comments: