Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"They Say It's Your Birthday...!"

Still?

Yes, now we come to the time of year when we celebrate MY birthday!! I think I got 27 Facebook posts wishing me a happy birthday. Aww...I never felt so loved. Well, I'm sure I did, but it escapes my mind right now. So far I have gotten a lovely cherry computer tower shelf from ol' Dad, a $50 Amazon.com gift card from Mom, and a cool iPod speaker system from Keri! Plus a big book of trivia and a new wallet from Cari! A few pix:

Mike Is 36!
This one I love. Goin' on Facebook I say!

Mike Is 36!
Me: "Hey Mom, what's in this cake?"
Mom: "Well, it's carb-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free!"
Me: "Um...yeah...?"
Mom: "So to answer your question, I don't know. Maybe wheat and grass."

Mike Is 36!
Mom looks so pissed that Emmy gets to use my videocamera and she doesn't. HA HA

Every year around this time I completely surround myself with Christmas nostalgia...you know, the tree, the music, the lights...and I wait for that moment when I get officially in the "Christmas spirit". Well, that moment happened Monday night on my way home from work. Don't know what brought it on but I felt like "Hey, get excited, it's Christmas time!" We took a couple of drives around our neighborhood and looked at some lights. We may have to wait until the 23rd to get our hot apple cider. Cari has to work until about noon so I'm planning on surprising Zach and Emmy by taking them downtown Ft Worth then hit the Barnes & Noble and get a hot treat. Can't wait!! My vacation begins Tuesday 12-21-10...one week and counting. In the past I would want time to go faster so I could enjoy something I was looking forward to. Now I try to enjoy the journey leading up to it. Gotta take my foot off the gas in my old age lol.

Mike Is 36!
The best present ever.

No comments: