Friday, January 20, 2006

My Site Is One Year Old Today!!

So happy birthday!! I remember thinking back to my very first post when a Yahoo! search for "Jan Brady" turned up The New Jan Brady. I checked it out and found something instead that has consumed more then a little of my time lol but has been a creative outlet for me. What's funny is Lauren (Jan) no longer accepts comments on her posts. At least not from me. It may have had something to do with me thinking she might be an alcoholic, I'm not sure. I was just kidding though.

Here are some bones to pick about life lately(the way I usually celebrate a birthday j/k):

1) We have this radio station here in DFW called the Mix. Normally they play some good tunes i.e.: Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" and the Goo Goo Dolls' "Give A Little Bit". But man do they play some of the most annoying songs (to me anyway) ALL...DAY...LONG. What songs am I referring to? Here's a list:

"You and Me" by Lifehouse <---total sellout of a song

"One Thing" by Finger Eleven <---sounds like people banging instruments together

"Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz <---this has to be the worst song ever

"Under The Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers <---dude's voice grates my ears To name a few. They claim to play the best hits of the "80's, 90's and today". But how can you do that when you have 20 songs that you play all the time!? Unfortunately there's only three stations that come in clear on my stereo at work. The other two are classical music and country music. While it would be phenomenal to combine the two, separately they just don't hold my interest.

If you've made it this far, let's wrap up this soul-baring birthday by taking a look at some toys I got from Wal-Mart which I thought were G I Joes but turned out to be knock-offs:

The Wasps


The Roos


The Orcas


The Bucks


They don't even have names!! There's three real ugly guys and they share one motorcycle! See the price in the upper right corner? Cheap as they get. If I choose to keep them, I'll definintely use them in my "movie".

Here are yet more Star Wars figures, unopened as always:

















And, last but not least...the M&Ms dressed up as Star Wars characters!! Believe it or not I still have some of these to collect:







We're getting close to getting all my stuff documented. All my unopened stuff anyways heh heh. Just wait till I get my boxes of loose toys unearthed from that pit of doom also known as...the space between my fridge and worktable in the garage. Thanks for allowing me to vent my anger which, to be honest, is better then any $100 an hour shrink.

No comments: