Friday, April 01, 2005

Roller Coaster Tycoon


There is an underground following for this game. Literally thousands of web pages have been devoted to everything from sharing parks and rides to how to design the ultimate supercoaster. While I admit there are people who know how to make incredible parks, the ones I have made are impressive as well. The following are screen captures from my latest design. I believe there is a 3,500 guest capacity although currently I am at 2,300.

This first picture above is from the ice island which features three coasters, two ferris wheels and an observation tower.


Here is where I have created a Japanese gardens kind of island with a go-kart track and two roller coasters that run right by each other to increase the excitement level.


In this picture I designed a kind of rustic forest island with a mini-car coaster, a log ride, water rapids, and in the corner you can see my waterfall garden...or as close as I could get to creating it.


Here is the entry point to the three coasters you're about to see in the next frame. Because the lines and entrances are all underground, that gave me some space to create a rustic suburban setting with houses, office buildings, and the occasional pine tree.


This is my masterpiece...3 wooden coasters running side by side for the same increased excitement we discussed earlier. The trick is to make these exciting without exceeding your intensity limit. Otherwise, people will not want to ride them. I included some splashes of color merely for show.


In this picture I designed a kind of rustic forest island with a mini-car coaster, a log ride, water rapids, and in the corner you can see my waterfall garden...or as close as I could get to creating it.

No comments: