Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"One Nice Week..."

And what makes it so nice? I used some sick days and had me a nice short work week! I usually use them around this time of year because...it's Cari's birthday! Numero 35 to be exact. Kind of a big one I think. So, as I always do, I went up to her office and brought her the finest red roses Kroger's had to offer! $10, how can you go wrong, eh? I got to see her new desk and meet her new co-workers. Probably won't see them until next year around this time, but I think I made my usual impression on them. Definitely earned some brownie points. Cari thought she was being sent another packet of claims to work, so she wasn't in any hurry, but then she saw me and was quite surprised! Mission accomplished!

What else did I do? I also brought some lunch up to Zach and Emmy and we had lunch together! We all 3 couldn't sit together since Zach goes at 10:45 and Emmy goes at noon. I brought Zach Jack In The Box and Emmy got Braum's. Was a really nice time:

Having Lunch With Zach 9-14-11
Having Lunch With Emmy 9-14-11
The ol' iPhone doesn't take the best pictures, but it travels a lot better than a camera.

Zach showed me some tricks on the playground...

Having Lunch With Zach 9-14-11
...and Emmy showed me the world's biggest french fry...

Having Lunch With Emmy 9-14-11
Gotta say...it's pretty big.

Zach had his first T-Ball game of the season last Saturday!

Zach's T-Ball Game 9-10-11
Zach's T-Ball Game 9-10-11
Not the best pictures since I forgot the camera at home grrr! But he did hit a couple of doubles. I hope he plays forever.

Zach read the Frog And Toad story "Cookies" almost all by himself!! I was so proud of him!! I guess reading to your kids really does pay big dividends! Last night we tried to read "A Button". Zach was reading it pretty well but he got tired and wanted me to finish it. I love those stories so much. They have been a part of my life since I was 5. I remember Mom reading them to me. They even had records that you could listen to a narrator. Maybe she will get them out this weekend since she is watching both of them this Saturday night. Cari and I are going out to Maggliano's restaraunt for her birthday!! Oh...I wanna say something, but I won't.

Found some really funny Letterman bits on ol' YouTube recently:







That last one always puts me in the mood for a burger...can't figure out why...

97 days until my Christmas vacation!! So ready for a break. It's not actually that busy, but the calls we get just drain me sometimes. Especially the agents. I tell ya...when the sellers don't know anything and they come to us for stuff they were supposed to know in the first place...? Come on guys...get your job done.

Watched Benjamin Button again recently. Man I forgot how great that movie is. Haven't found anything like it. Really changed the way I looked at my life and what really matters. I know that life is supposed to be about more than just a random collection of days. But other times, it is kind of comforting that mistakes I made in the past can stay there and I don't have to worry about them anymore. I look back on them constantly and just cringe that I ever did them in the first place. The best parts of our lives are the ones we choose to take with us as each day approaches. Having this site helps me do that so much easier. Digital cameras and camcorders make memories that will stand the test of time. I hope Zach and Emmy will read these posts when they are adults and parents and know how much they mean to me.

"Time moves pretty fast. If you don't slow down and look around, you might miss it." - Ferris Bueller

No comments: