Friday, May 18, 2012

"How Bout Them Rangers!!"

Yes, after many weeks of waiting and waiting, we finally made our way out to the Ballpark In Arlington for our first Ranger game of the year! Thanks to Cari's sister giving us their tickets due to her daughter in law graduating from college(kind of...grad school still to go), we got to sit underneath the home run porch and were close to catching a foul ball. One day...one day. A few pix:

Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels 5-11-2012
Easily the biggest draw for the Rangers not named Josh Hamilton, Yu Darvish has lived up to the hype and more. So far he's leading the team in wins with six! Plus he has a cool pitching motion:

Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels 5-11-2012
He gave up a few runs, but when the Rangers score ten, you have a pretty good chance of winning. Which we did. We also got to see our traitor CJ Wilson:
Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels 5-11-2012
I think I zoomed in a bit much, but ah well. We had to endure a 2 hour rain delay, but it was worth it.

After the game we got so see some boss fireworks:

Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels 5-11-2012
For some reason they did the whole show right behind the jumbo tron, so it was hard getting decent shots. But I got a few:
Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels 5-11-2012
This one is pretty cool.
Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels 5-11-2012
This one is probably my favourite. It's like the jumbo tron is exploding or something heh heh.

Sunday was Mother's Day and Cari wanted to go to Six Flags so us and the Barkers saddled up and managed to get out there pretty early:
Six Flags 5-13-2012
This one I printed and will display at work for a while. I just realized the ones I have up here are a year and a half old! Will have to find some new ones.
Six Flags 5-13-2012
Zach: "Hey Dad, guess what I see?"
Me: "Um, an airplane? Top of a building? Somebody naked? Give me a hint here..."
Zach: "None of those! It's your wallet! You left it at the top of the Superman ride!"
Me: "Aww man! Say...that's some real good eyesight you have there."

Six Flags 5-13-2012
This one I love! So glad to have kids who will pose for anything.

After the game we had dinner at Boston's and watched the Ranger game. We got there just in time to see Nelson Cruz blast a grand slam after they intentionally walked the guy in front of him! Serves them right. Man, Six Flags always wears me out. I'm in good shape for the first two hours, then after that I'm dragging something serious. Thank goodness for an abundance of park benches. We had a great weekend though. Nothing like packing it all in 2 days, right? Next week is Emmy's field day! Using a couple of sick days since I never call in sick ever. I heard a commercial where a guy was planning on calling in sick because he wanted to go to a baseball game. I guess if I search myself long enough, I could find something, anything wrong with me as an excuse for calling in sick. But I only call in sick twice a year, once for Emmy's field day and the other for Cari's birthday. If you've kept up with this thing over the years, you know every year on her birthday I bring her roses and a card with a Starbucks gift card in it. So twice a year. That's not too bad. I give a lot of myself to Healthmarkets and all I ask is a break now and then to enjoy the daytime a little. I rule!

No comments: