Friday, October 19, 2012

"More Flags! More Fun!"

Yes, when Halloween rears its ugly scary head, Six Flags always decorates the park for what they call "Frightfest"! We managed to make our way out there to see what all the fuss was about. Well, turns out, so did everyone else. Literally. We couldn't move at all without running into someone else. But, we did manage to ride a few rides and take some cool pix:

Six Flags 10-20-2012

Not sure if this was my best smile, and I had to crop my lower half, but I like the way I look in this one. I worked out pretty good that morning.

Six Flags 10-20-2012

Me: "Okay everyone, look scared of the giant pumpkin!"
Emily: "Um, it's actually more ugly than scary Dad..."
Zach: "Well, some would consider ugliness to be a form of scariness, don't you think?"
Me: "Aw man I'm just trying to take a picture guys..."

Six Flags 10-20-2012

Not sure what Zach was trying to do there, maybe emulate the skeleton? Maybe look as goofy as possible? Maybe both!

Sunday we made our annual pilgrimage to the Catfish Plantation in Waxahachie! Legend has it there are three spirits that continue to haunt to this day. Of course, legends have a way of being disproven, so...who knows, really. But we had a good time:

Catfish Plantation 10-21-12

Costumes abound! Zach has really gotten into Power Rangers this year, so when we saw this costume at Party City, he knew he had to have it. Emmy is the one and only Catness Eberdeen from Hunger Games!! What's funny is Emmy picked her costume out after about ten minutes, but we had to go to three different stores to find Zach's! sometimes boys are more indecisive than girls. Not often, but sometimes.

Catfish Plantation 10-21-12

Tracy: "Do you know this song?"
"Deep and wide
Deep and wide
There's a fountain flowing deep and wide
Deep and wide
Deep and wide
There's a fountain flowing deep and wide."


John: "Oh sure, that's one of my favourites..."
Me: "Oh wow, I haven't usng that song since my days in church!"

I finally scanned Zach and Emmy's school pictures! Here's Emmy for 6th grade:

Emily 6th Grade Picture

And here is Zach!:

Zach 1st Grade Picture

I can't believe how much they've grown up over the last year. I need to find their other pictures. I have most of them on Flickr. Zach's birthday is coming up! We're having his party on November 3 at Pump It Up! Will have some pics coming up, you know I will...

No comments: