Thursday, November 22, 2007

"It's Thanksgiving!"

...and if some of you have been wondering where I have been lately, it hasn't been in the kitchen cooking! I will make something today though: green bean casserole. Two of them actually. Apparently we make it so good that it's all anyone requests us to bring anymore. Or maybe because it's so easy to make I can't possibly screw it up ha ha. No, the truth is, ever since Yahoo! moved all my photos to Flickr, I have been getting them organized in semi-annual sets and all-encompassing collections. And man, what a trip down memory lane it has been! But now I believe I am finished with all of that. Organizing the pictures I mean, not going down memory lane. I'll never stop doing that ha ha.

103.7 Lite FM here in Dallas started playing Christmas music about three weeks ago. Now for the last three weeks it has been about 80 degrees. Plus...Christmas was 2 months away! Very strange. But today, the high is 57 degrees and people are firing up their fireplaces, so now when you go outside it feels like Christmas. And Thanksgiving. All at the same time.

Today we are going to my grandmother's house since everyone in the family has decided to not be around this weekend for one reason or another. It's bad enough that although we all live like 30 minutes from each other we only get together three times a year. It could be more. It should be more.

So here are a few flashbacks to see where we have been and where we're going:

Zach new to the world
Zachary_Awake

Zach now
CIMG0360

Emily in 2004
Cheese!!

Emily today
CIMG0445

My, how they grow.

What are you thankful for?

For me, I'm very thankful this job I have started is finally out of the training phase and now we can start to feel productive. If I can make this a success it just might do something for my ego. Not that it needed to get any bigger mind you, but there's something about being in a company that is beyond generous. Pharmacare could have been like that, but they chose to skimp and cheapskate their way through life. I'm also thankful I don't have to worry about anything or anyone from there ever again.

And, I'm thankful for my family. Big surprise right? ha ha. When people...complete strangers, mind you...make a point of coming up to us and telling us how adorable our kids are, it really is neat. Now I already knew they were cute. But it's nice to have some reiteration every now and then.

1 comment:

KENNY said...

Happy Thanksgiving!