Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Turning A Corner..."

Is that what I'm doing? Man, I sure hope so. By this time next week we will be absolutely fantastic in the finance department. We have my 2 week check, Cari's 2 week check plus her severance check all coming in that day. Which means hopefully we can get off of this paycheck-to-paycheck "schedule" we've been on and start to move ahead. Why is this so important? Because for the last seven years we haven't been able to keep ahead of the demand for bills with the incomes we have made. Not once have we had an extra paycheck from either one of us and said "Hmm...what to spend it on...hmm". It always went towards a bill. Now we've always managed to stay on top of our bills, but just once I'd like to go to our bank website and see a savings account in the 5 figures. We had it up to 4 figures at one point but as what always happens, life comes at you and you have to do what it takes. I saw on TV a long time ago you need to have six months' worth of your monthly bills saved up at all times, just in case something were to happen. I never lost sight of that being one of the major goals in my life. So this shall be a project for us. Can we do it? Well, time will tell. One problem I always had was anytime I'd start a new job, for some reason I'd start thinking about what I can get away with. Come in late? Leave early? Do this? Do that? And man, has it made for some uncomfortable "sit-downs" with bosses over the years. But with Aegon, it's different. It has to be. No more of that. Because it's not just me who has to worry about working here. Now there is a family, a mortgage, a car payment, etc. that depend on me. Is it scary? Maybe just a bit. But the benefits far outweigh anything else. Instead of going somwehere ordinary for our vacation, now we have options! Now what those ae I don't know lol. Would love to go see New York with my own eyes instead of what tv has to offer. I must stay on the right path if I want to retire with them. And I think I do!

Okay, enough work talk. Now as some people know, I am a collector of action figures, toys, etc. But what are my five favourite? It's tough to narrow them all down to a list that short. Maybe that's what is so much fun about it ha ha. So here we go:

Number five:

CIMG0013
The BMW Z4 (or is it Z3) my mom got me for Christmas about 10 years ago. It's very detailed, and man is it big! My camera really picked up the lines and curves. My mom has given me a lot over my life. Which means if she needs anything, all she has to do is ask. Unless it's helping her move. She can call movers for that ha ha.

Number four:


Now surely we all know what this is! My sister got me this for my birthday last year. Does she know me or what? My favourite movie (or rather one of my faves) and now I have the car to go with it.

Number three:


Oh yeah! Now we're getting into my fave faves! I absolutely love the detail on this guy. Even down to the GMC logo on his grill, if I were to open one of my items, I'd start with him. I'm very glad I got him when I did because he is nowhere to be found in stores. I might could get him online if I really wanted to. It's just there is no feeling like discovering something that everybody else missed. If I get it online, there's no real adventure. Now if it were something I had to have, that would be a different story.

Number two:

Bumblebee Front
I think I knew all along if I ever saw this version of Bumblebee I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. Wasn't really a fan of the old Camaro but this one definitely caught my eye. It's a 2008 Chevolet Camaro concept car!

And the number one favourite collectible is...

(drum roll)


Speed Racer!! Hey, was there ever any doubt? I wish I knew how much this thing was worth. I know there are collectors of this guy who wouldn't mind having this. Butthat doesn't mean I'd be willing to part with it anytime soon. Plus, there's a live action movie on the way which I wouldn't mind seeing.

I might have to create a number 6-10 list in the near future as well. Believe me, it wasn't easy narrowing these down. But it sure was fun.

One more week of training, then I actually have to work. Looking forward to it though. Lately I'm not one who wants to sit idly by while life goes on. I plan to look back on my years with fondness, not regret. Too often people find themselves 80 years old and wondering if they did enough. Now I know I can't stop getting older, but I can make sure every day is something special. We only get about 30,000 of them.

No comments: